Micheal Brockers

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ScotTitan, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

I don't understand the hype for the guy either he played on a very good defense yes, I think because he is so raw he has the potential to be good. I think he should have stayed another year to be honest.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

The "experts" get caught up on potential... And while he may have that high ceiling, it also depends on how well he becomes a pro to accelerate that production.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

These guys mental make up or personalities matter more than anything, don't get hung up on these guys 40's and other measurables.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

He looks awkward to play defense tackle he is 6-6 and is only 300 he looks like a DE if I'm a smaller guard it would be easy to get my hands up under his pads and move him where ever I please.

5. JCBRAVE

Yea but Jason Jones is the same way, lanky and explosive. Jones constantly just stretches out and over Guards to make plays from DT. It's also why he gets banged up inside. He's exposed then chipped by a Tackle.

6. Clark

Exactly brave, 70 percent of the combine is trying to get into the prospects mind and see who he really is, his mental make up. His drive, competitiveness. Intangibles. All those things excite me more than cam newtons size and arm. And while his arm and size got him drafted first overall, it will be his makeup as a person that allows him to succeed for the long term.

7. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Maybe he'll have the same success Jones did early on in his career without the injuries.

8. JCBRAVE

For anyone who thinks sizes matters LOL, look at Oakland. They draft the biggest, and fastest guys they can find, but fail miserably cause non of them are football players first, they're all great athletes.

9. Clark

I know I'm of the minority here and just repeating myself but I'd rather bet on Vinny Currys strip sack love and Mike Martins leverage and strength in the first and second. Might seem as reaches right now.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I don't get the love for Brockers. He might have all of the physical tools, but what do you see?

He spends a lot of time getting pushed to the ground.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbdg0qKkAiw"]Michael Brockers vs Mississippi State 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

I don't think he got in to the backfield against Georgia more than once.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQp5lx-hdCM&feature=related"]Michael Brockers vs Georgia 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

And let's be honest, LSU DTs have been pretty bad going from college to the NFL lately.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar