Michael Vick - A Big What If???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chapparal97, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

OK, I've got my flameproof protective gear on, now I would like to throw this out for discussion...........

WHAT IF:

The Titans decided to take a chance on Vick? Let's think about this from a football perspective, not a personal one. KFC is getting older. Few people aren't really sure or confident in VY as the future. Vick is only 29 and could be had for cheap. If he gets a 4-6 game suspension he would be ready by mid-season when injuries start to occur.

Vick is a proven commodity (if he's still in shape) and could step in for an aging Collins and QB a team for 5 or 6 more years. Vick had one of the best arms in the league when he played, he just never had an O-Line or supporting cast to help him out. The Titans could avoid the $14.5m cap hit with VY then.

Since he'd be older and would have a top 5 line, down field threats and a rushing attack he wouldn't be expected to be Superman anymore.

I doubt if Bud Adams would do such a thing (after Pacman), but it sure could provide excitement on Sundays. I don't know......it could work.

OK peeps, now flame away.........:ha:

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'd welcome him aboard... assuming we get Vince the hell on outta here.

It won't happen though.

Believe me... I've thought about it, and I'm sure just about everyone's thought about it.

3. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

I think he has more than paid his debt. That being said I think he would do well for any team.

But the Titans front office will avoid him like the plague.

4. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

The TItans are still in shock over the Pacman crap. I would love to see Vick running a Wildcat formation. You'll have Washington and Gage running down field with Scaife cutting a slant with Johnson moving the opposite direction and Hall leading the way for Vick. I like it!!!! And for less than a million.

5. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Don't forget, Alge is still here too. Beside Warrick Dunn and Duckett, he was pretty much Vick's only weapon in Atlanta. Roddy White wasn't there yet.

Now, with CJ, Lendale, Gage, Washington, Britt, Scaife, Carr. People don't realize what a huge arm he has....he can throw 70 yards on his knees.......and for less than a million. It would be an upgrade.

6. highstep

highstep Camp Fodder

Don't forget Crumpler!

Like the idea but my dog would be kept inside after 8.

7. Jedimasterbyrd

Jedimasterbyrd Time Traveler/Jewel Thief

I don't see this happening. I don't think the front office would like the media attention. Vick was never that polished as a pocket QB. He's now two years removed from the NFL. If he's lost any of his speed he's no better than your average backup. Atlanta spent years building an offense around him and didn't get much more than some crazy scrambling highlights. People keep talking like the wildcat with him would be unstoppable, it's the NFL the wildcat will be stopped more often this year since DC's have had a whole off season to figure it out. It's a fad folks.

It's a novel idea but no, Jeff Fisher has enough media questions regarding the three QBs we already have. I wish Vick the best but he won't be in Tennessee.

8. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

Disown the Titans and sell or give away my PSL's and never support another Titans team again.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Well that's the dumbest thing I've heard all year.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

we should sign vick so we can put VY and vick in a wishbone with CJ under center and dante hall would in the slot. endless possibilities

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar