Michael Griffin reminds me of ...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Yossarian, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

He is nowhere near as bad at Lamont.

That said, he frequently looks out of place and he tackles like my mom would. He is about the farthest thing from a big hitting safety there is.

2. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

He has struggled this year, but you also have to remember where he's playing on the field... backing up Harper now and a rotating lineup of CBs before then... and he has had McGrath as the LB on that side recently, too. Even with Hood and McGrath playing well it takes lots of time together to solidify a secondary. With Finnegan and Bulluck on the other side, the free safety is going to have his hands full on this team.

At the end of the day they held Andre Johnson to 4 receptions. I think that shows they are starting to get the communication issues worked out.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I watched the Ravens Colts game on Sunday.

The Ravens safeties are more limeenfocers than a safety net. Their playisclinical compared to ours. Griffin and Hope seem to be running around in panic mode. We're reacting to plays rather than anticipating.

We're much improved but most of the time we're still rushing the QB with the front four and not getting pressure. Cecil is doing a good jobof being creative but we still runa lot of plays in our base defence which leaves our secondary floundering.

KVB is a weak link right now. Our best plays come when he's not a primary rusher. He needs to be one of the change of pace guys rather than one of our core every down guys. Ford is way more effective than KVB.

4. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

i think chris hope is the worse SS in the game. can i has eric berry plz

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea somethings up with Griffin. He better figure out whats bugging him real quick.

6. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Dude...there are teams out there that would take your mom I know it...props to yer mama!!!:beerbang:

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I won't go so far as to say that he looks like Lamont "You Big Dummy" Thompson just yet. He hasn't been good by any means, but he isn't near as horrible as lt was.

It is clear though that whatever it is that is bothering him, is really bothering him. I'm hopeful that he will get it together.

8. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

Griffin plays with zero intensity. During last nights game I watched him make multiple "5 year old" tackles. By 5 year old tackle I mean how we tackle when we are kids. we run up to the guy and try to grab his shoulders from behind and pull him down. He also is a waste of space as a kick returner as he doesnt look like a guy who has his mind set on taking one to the house. He looks more like a guy content with getting to the 20 and not taking a big hit.

beleive it or not, weather he is playing like lamont thomson or not, he is effecting the defense in more ways than not making plays. His body language, etc is deflating in the grand scheme as well.

When you look at the Titan defense as a whole, guys are missing ALOT of tackles and not hitting people. Griffin is a "pro bowler" a "leader" if he is unwilling to make a hit and do what needs to be done, nobody is.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Since both our safeties have gone from great to suck, I blame Cecil.

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

At moments he shows flashes of why we drafted him in he 1st round. However, he's drawn my ire more than any other player out there, maybe with the exception of Harper. I'm just stoked VY is starting to show flashes of what we all had hoped for, it really opens us up in next year's draft.

Griffin please get awesome again!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar