Mettenburger's QB Metric Data

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Two Kings, May 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

If true, his argument was beyond ridiculous.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I get what you're saying. Still, I just think it's a tough sell to the fans. Most of the fan base wanted us to draft a QB. Passed in round 1. Passed in round 2. Then finally packaged two picks to move up and draft Mett. Then they're just going to cut him and roll with Locker/Whitehurst? IDK. I don't see it.

It's not that I don't think CW can play better than ZM. It's that we've seen CW's ceiling. And it ain't very high. We all know there's a 90% chance we're done when Locker goes down. Why not have a guy back there whose ceiling/potential is unknown? I don't see how anyone can tell me they see us winning games with CW back there. Sure, same goes for ZM, but at least there is that unknown factor there.

I just don't see us being able to put ZM on the practice squad. Someone would take him. And if he were to go on to be good somewhere else, boy it would not be pretty for this FO/staff.

Maybe I'm totally off base here. But I just cannot fathom them cutting a guy they just used two draft picks on. Especially a QB.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Maybe it should be. Instead of starting over every three to four years

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

So extremely injury prone Locker and Whitehurst is all we are going to bring into the season? Yeah- no.

Mett would have to have a major off field incident or be absolutely horrendous to be cut. He'll be on the 53. How long did we keep Rusty again? Mett is already 10X Rusty.

• High Five High Five x 5
  5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

fanbases are too finicky. 5 years is a long time for a franchise to struggle (don't we know.. lol)

What if we had held on to VY until today? Sometimes it's best to cut ties with a person who you don't think is "the guy." everybody has to do it eventually. in 5 seasons, you can really decimate a fanbase. McNair worked out like a charm. He hit his peak right as his team moved and got a new stadium, new name, new uniform, and a new, excited fanbase.

Perfect storm for a "new" franchise. Jax, Carolina, Houston did not have that.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I hear you but the times have changed. How many franchise QBs NOW are given 4 years to produce? I can't think of any who aren't called upon immediately. So what relevance is there regarding McNair?

7. The Hammer

All I am saying is that just because he is not great now does not mean he cannot improve.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

you keep this up, and you'll be off my list before you know it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. The Hammer

Oh I cannot see him being cut. But not likely to be on the 53. They will almost certainly hide him on the IR or the PUP list.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree with that but this draft was deep. Mett graded out 2-3rd round and Jaws put him as his #2 QB in this class and believes he IS franchise material.

I am eager to see what he can do and I'm willing to give him more time to heal before jettisoning him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar