Mettenberger or Whitehurst as our #2 QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Two were literally not his fault.

And the fumble against NO looked like a forward pass to me.

The fumble against GB and the INT to Sunseri were on him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Not sure I agree with this....the one "Dalton-like" number he cannot hit is games played thus far. Good or bad, Dalton has been durable game in and game out. One good injury free season will not totally remove that issue in my mind....

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It should

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

He's learning of course. Eventually, he'd jump Clipboard Jesus on this depth chart. Might take a Locker inj / Whitehurst stinking it up for that to happen.

5. Chance9

Chance9 Starter

Should be interesting to see how long it is before whisenhunt has to make him the backup.

6. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Dude you are so blinded by your boner for Jake sometimes. One season of being healthy erases 3? Nope. Sorry dude, here's the franchise tag. Do it again and then get them bills.

7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I'm not saying that Mett will ever be worth a 1st pick but hear me out. Some teams were damn near ready to give up a 2-3rd pick for Kirk Cousins based on nothing more than strong preseason performances. Same deal with Ryan Mallet until he stunk it up in hist first game this season. If we're ever able to move Mett for a 2nd-4th round pick that would be a win for the organization and if he has a similar preseason next year who knows.

I've been a Mett supporter from jump street, dude has the goods and I would love to see him QB our team. That being said Jake has looked light years better than I thought he would and credit must be given where it is due. If the preseason is any indication he is ready to lead our team. He's actually making plays out there now rather than just managing the game.This is a great problem to have IMO.

8. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

Thats why Jake is still on the last year of his deal. Mettenberger is an actual stud at QB but is raw. Our defense is pathetic this year so in the end this season is probably not going to matter. I sure hope I am wrong. Next season, Jake will be gone, Mettenberger will be #1 and Charlie will still be #2. 8/25/2014

9. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

Jake is fools gold in the pre-season. He hasn't faced any true looks, so this is why our defense has an outside shot of not being this bad because we haven't showed our true packages. Mettenberger also in the same boat. However, Met has been showing the arm strength and accuracy, Locker on the other hand is completing but still not with zip and still either behind or high or even low. If you can depend on Locker sure you could trade Met, but no way you make that deal now because I have NEVER seen a QB like Mettenberger since Moon. Doesn't mean much but I am talking about the upside. The guy can throw and he has a cannon accurate arm. You cannot just find them in the weeds. We got lucky with him in 6th but remember, a lot was made about his mobility and his knee. He seems pretty mobile so far, least with getting out of pocket.

10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Oh trust me I knew we had something in Mett from the get.His poise and ability to hit tight windows is scary. Just need to get rid of that damn ball quicker...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar