Mett our guy? Possibly poor mans Tom Brady?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by vengeance0909, Apr 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vengeance0909

vengeance0909 Starter

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

If this is true, Climer just blew apart the Titans' smokescreen.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Climers opinion. Nothing more.

4. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

I like Mett, great arm, good leader, doesn't get rattled too badly, just needs some more experience and a good O line.

5. TorontoTitanFan

I mean... not really.

He states as fact what the Titans believe. He is essentially reporting that. Not giving his opinion.

Then in the very next sentence he explicitly states his opinion (that hitching your cart to Mettenberger is a bad idea).

It's quite possible what he's reporting is wrong, but to dismiss is as purely opinion is inaccurate.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It's 100% his opinion. You honestly think he's got Whiz or Webster on record admitting Mett is their guy? No way they'd admit that.

He's a columnist doing his job.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

To infer that this article suddenly makes every other NFL team 100% decide "Now we only need to trade to 3 to get Mariota" is asinine.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  8. TorontoTitanFan

I guess I missed when someone inferred that.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Not only is this his opinion.....

but he also got nearly all the dates wrong regarding when the players were drafted.

I understand people make mistakes, but proof read just a tiny bit.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. TorontoTitanFan

For the record, I don't believe really believe this, either. I don't think the Titans are fully sold on Mettenberger nor do I think they should be.

And I don't think teams around the NFL believe it, either.

But I do believe that no journalist worth his salt would write a piece like that unless he had some kind of information he trusted that makes him believe it's true.

You guys seem to think it's pure fiction, which I guess tells me what you all think of Climer as a pro.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar