Message to Titans: Win this week and roll...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

There's been a ton of ups and downs this season and off-season and at this point in the season there's little to be excited about as a Titans fan. However, there's still hope for the season and despite our terrible record, we could still squeak into the playoffs this season. Of course it all hinges on a win this week, but stranger things have happened in the not so distant past.

The only two teams left that outmatch us are the Packers and the Texans. If we could split those matchups and win out we could make it into the playoffs with a 9-7 record. A tall feat, but the Jags x2, Colts, and Jets are beatable. We're getting Locker back this week and the run game has finally shown some life. We've still got a lot of defensive concerns but have been competitive in some games on that side of the ball. All in all, the remaining schedule makes it doable IMO.

Just a little something to hope for amongst all of the negativity. Let's see if Palmer was right. Maybe we're still just a team in transition.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Tons of ups and downs? Where are these so called ups?

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I like your optimism but I don't "expect" that we'll finish 9-7.

Of course i'll actually care about the losses and will root for the Titans unlike some other "fans" that are rooting for the Dolphins and will be happy to see the Titans lose.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I don't expect it to happen, but it isn't outside of the realm of possiblity by any means. The rest of the games are very winable outside of Houston and GB. If we can just pull off one of those, then we would have a chance ... However judging by the way the team has been this year, we will probably drop a game we should win. I just hope it isn't the dolphins so I can keep hope alive for as long as possible.

But who knows, maybe Jake will give the team a spark and we get hot to finish the season

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Steelers victory? Lions victory? Seeing Chris Johnson return to form. Seeing Locker take a step forward as a QB (surpassing Hasselbeck as the starter). Seeing Wright make plays. Seeing Cook make plays.

I could go on.

I'm as frustrated as anyone else at this point in the season, but there have been things that have gotten me excited.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

We've gotten hot before as a franchise. Twice with VY as the QB. Who knows how the offense will respond to Locker. We don't need a dominate defense if we can put points on the board.

7. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

playoffs? Wow..some real stupidity going on in here

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I won't give up on playoffs until we have 9 losses... so it'll be a while at least. It's possible to make it in at 8-8. I say we finish 7-9. We'd not only have to finish strong to make the playoffs, but we'd also have to hope that the Colts, Steelers, and Dolphins start losing quick.

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

We could take care of the Dolphins in about 4 hours.

Colts play the Texans twice and us again. That's 3 losses right there. They've got NE next weekend.

10. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Well we can give the Dolphins an L this week hopefully, and we have a win over the Steelers so we would win in any tiebreaker scenario which helps.

I still am not sold on the Colts right now. I think they have gotten away with some lucky wins, and they can't keep that going forever. We should've beaten them if it weren't for the refs, the Browns were in position to beat them. GB should've beat them, but took the foot off they pedal when they were winning and couldn't get going again. Combining that with the remainder of thier schedule, and I see several losses in the future for them

Patriots
    Bills
    Lions
    Titans
    Texans
    Chiefs
    Texans

I could honestly see any of those teams beating the Colts outside of the Chiefs. But they will probably get lucky with the fact that they play the Texans week 17, and the Texans likely be resting thier starters. But I still see them losing at least 4-5 of those games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar