Message to Bud - Retire Number 9

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Jul 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

You know it's the right thing to do.

Let's respect the guy in his true home stadium and give all future Titans teams the inspiration to succeed.

I can't think of a more fitting tribute.

Do it Bud.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I don't think there's even a chance this doesn't happen. This is a huge loss for a lot of fans of this organization. The circumstances of his death will unfortunately dictate a lot more respect and attention that he should have gotten while alive.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Gotta retire it, but i'd be mega-pi$$ed if Baltimore retired the number and we didn't.

4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Baltimore would be chumps if they retired his number. But the Ravens are chumps, so it may happen. We have to do it though, that's the only way to cement his legacy in a deserving manner.

5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Well, let me put it this way. Would you want to be the next player (or any player for that matter) to wear #9 as a Titan?

I think not.

It'll be retired.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

They've basically had it retired since he left. and Wycheck. and Eddie.

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Not so, anymore, with Wycheck's number.

They've issued #89 to Jared Cook.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I got a really really bad feeling something like this will happen... Thuggin' Ray Ray is going to come out and be insincere as always.

Opening game... he'll do his dance and then he'll go over to the sidelines and he'll do his fake, insincere prayer and do something as a tribute to McNair to glorify others' view of his own self.

He'll do something that acts like Steve McNair means more to the Ravens than any other team.

Every team is going to wear '9' on their helmet like they did for Sean Taylor. We need to stitch '9' on our jerseys, retire the number, put '9' in the endzones. Everything possible.

The Ravens are a dirty organization and we all know they'll try to pull some ****. Get ready for an interview with Ray Ray sometime soon. Let the insencerity begin.

9. TRUTitan_53

TRUTitan_53 Camp Fodder

I believe Ray Ray is going to be sincere as humanly possible. There is no faking the emotion that they man wears on his sleeve.
    But I don't believe we should retire his number based on taking one more step in mourning than the rest of the league. But rather that the fact he was on of the original and one of the most highly regarded Titans in the locker room as well as in community and with the the fan base.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I wouldn't find it inappropriate for both teams to retire his number

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar