Member of the Week: Tackhead #9

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Feb 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Can you spell fiction? :brow:

2. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Not as much as you'd think.

In no particular order... Les Miserables (Victor Hugo), Battle Royale (Koushun Takami), Phantom of the Opera (Gaston Leroux), Red Storm Rising (Tom Clancy), The Monster at the End of This Book (Jon Stone) - a literary classic

I will give ANY gridiron book a read; good, bad, true, fiction, whatever.

If you can deal with some slightly unusual Japanese concepts and dialogue, as well as the complete under-utilisation of some of the characters, Battle Royale translated to film pretty well. Hey, I enjoyed it.

"Peyton Manning - Super Bowl MVP"

3. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

How would the perfect off season go for you?

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Have you ever had a girl friend called Sheila?

What's your favourite hobby sport?

A Pom decides to emigrate to Australia. During the questions about your top country the immigration officer asks..

"Do you have a criminal record?"

The Pom answers.." No". Do I need one?"

When did you last have bum nuts?

5. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

You rock.

What makes you rock?

6. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

ah, and to think you were sooo close.

Fav TMNT and why?

Who would win in a race splinter or yoda?

Why does Childress pick on me?

If could put any actress into a football uniform... Who would you choose, what team would you put her on, and why?

Do you really consider Australian football a take on American football? (and if you say yes... do you compare cricket and baseball? To me its the same kind of thing)

There is a world with no football... whats the greatest sport ever played?

Fill in the blanks:

Women with tattoos are _________________.

Men with tats are ______________________.

Men and women _________________________.

The Titans need __________________________.

I wish I wouldn't have ____________________.

____________ can _________________ and i will _____________.

_________________ is absolutely _____________________.

I will never eat _____________________.

I would _______________________ a million dollars.

7. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Oh wow, had to really ponder on this one. Look, the perfect off-season would involve us trading away Pacman Jones and Jim Schwartz for Chad Johnson and Clinton Portis, and then a whole slew of other wacky stuff, but realistically speaking, I would want to see us land Alge, keep Bell, Odom and LaBoy, take a crack at someone of Bryant Johnson's caliber at receiver (Donte Stallworth will cost more, and our WR FA history makes me a superstitious git... plus, I dunno how he'd handle going from Brady to Young, something rubs me the wrong way about the whole idea), jettison Pacman (for Roy Williams? Chad Johnson? The former is more realistic and less risky), and while we're looking around, maybe getting some speedy depth at MLB. I don't claim to be an off-season expert, and I don't keep track of all the wheelings and dealings of the league, but this is what I, from my humble stance of relative ignorance, would like to see happen.

Every woman in Australia could conceivably be referred to as a sheila, so yes/no.

Is there an actual set of sports defined as 'hobby sports'? I looked it up and found something about airplanes, so I'd venture I could just answer this as freely as I like. I find soccer to be a real good pick up and play sport, anytime and anywhere, with minimal fuss and equipment. I'd never watch it though. ...If this was answered incorrectly, gimme a list of hobby sports and I'll do better next time. :ha:

He need not fear, being English is enough of a crime.

Mr. Phillips and I are just good friends, nothing more.

Since when?

Right now, a glass of red wine. The joys of inebriation with my wit intact? Golden!

Better luck next time, me. :bricks:

You're potentially opening the floodgates for an answer that spans several hours (and glasses of red, hang on while I get a refill...), but it is and always has been Raphael. I'm usually a big fan of the sarcastic tough loner characters, not only because they're usually a hell of a lot funnier than everyone else (Raph in the 80s cartoon, corny but fun!), but because they don't feel so streamline and monotonous as everyone else. I'll usually follow the guy who disagrees with everyone else's opinion, only to get his *** kicked and require rescuing, because it's INTERESTING!!
    Early reasons why he was my favourite when I was a little kid; I thought he was funny, I liked playing as him in the video games (maxed out speed, abysmal defence - just the way it should be!), and my favourite colour was red.

Splinter should never ever beat Yoda (who should move effortlessly, not flip around like a ******* flea THANK YOU VERY MUCH EPISODE II), but I would hope Splinter would win, simply so that he could stand at the finish line, rip off some terrible line and declare that he 'made a funny'. Good stuff.

Because he's got no stability at quarterback and his wide receiving corp isn't that stellar. Childress79 on the other hand, just happens to love you dearly. Please don't reject him. He can't handle the hurt. :shake:

I would make Sigourney Weaver a Titan without a second thought. She is simply the most awesomely awesome woman in the whole existence of the universe, as Ripley she can take on fifty men as well as a whole mess of aliens with little effort, and as Dana Barrett she can keep even Peter Venkman in check. You name any role, she'll deliver, complete with gorillas.
    ...Then I'd put Gwyneth Paltrow in whatever the worst team is at the time (Raiders is a safe bet), just so I can watch her get smacked around a whole lot. Viola De Lesseps is reason enough to hate that woman.

No, I consider them completely different games. The closest relative to Aussie rules is probably Gaelic football, and American football's history comes from rugby.
    I do on the other hand, think of cricket as baseball for people who don't know how to pitch.

Baseball, because Steve McNair was enlisted by the Seattle Mariners, and would have drawn me to baseball just as he did to football. Possibly.
    ...The actual answer is hockey.

hot if it's on the lower back.

gay if it's on the lower back.

are two halves of the same whole, and as such should be treated with the same amount of dignity and respect. (Sick of my female friends allowing themselves to be treated like crap)

a superstar wide receiver.

to work tomorrow. Two shifts in and already I'm sick of working.

Vince Young can be a dominant QB and I will look forward to him reaching his full potential.

Kyle Vanden Bosch is absolutely the best kind of player you could ever ask for. (That sounds grammatically malformed to me, but the red is starting to really kick in now...)

oysters.

appreciate

I wanted to insert the evil banana smilie into this post, but it and :evil: have the same tag. Tragedy.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Do you think drinking a bottle of red, home alone on a saturday night is sad?

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I was just making fun of the way Aussies often say 'sport' at the end of every sentence when talking to another bloke.:grrhee:

Yeah I knew what I was doing with the 'Sheila' reference too.

What's yer name cobber?

This could be true until I think of poor Major Penguin taking a ride in a 'teal mobile'. It's just wrong dammit..wrong.The potential for discounted Jack Daniels BBQ sauce does offset that a little though.:whoop:

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

What's your most expensive purchase other than a house or a car?

Have you ever seen a ghost?

Have you ever been knocked out?

Have you ever broken any bones if so which ones?

Have you seen the Northern Lights?

Favourite place you've visited?

Most beautiful countryside you've ever seen?

Favourite breed of Dog?

Best gig you've been to?

Have you been to the back of beyond,what's it like?

Have you been up Uluru?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar