MEMBER OF THE WEEK 8-19: Roll Tide

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Blazing arrow starcraft..

Starcraft is a great game, one of the best ever but like total annihilation there is no sequel. Now finally blizzard is at least working on starcraft 2. I can't wait though i will need a new computer for it by the time it's available. Actually i thought blizzard had given up on a new starcraft RTS because they already had warcraft but more people probably associate warcraft with the RPG world of warcraft now so maybe starcraft will be their RTS standard bearer.

Blizzard is an interesting company because they are able to get shelf space for games at retail outlets that are several years old. Not until maybe a year ago the starcraft battlechest was prominently displayed everywhere and the diablo 2 battlechest is still out there at $40! With all the hundreds of new titles coming out every year how do they still market a 6 year old game like that?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I am single....hmmm :bighomer:

3. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Regarding RTS. Have you tried Company of Heroes?

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm already married..

Thank you..

Company of heroes sounds like a great game and i love the idea of a WW2 RTS. I'm going to try that out. Does it have coop play? Coop for RTS is the most fun.

I forgot to answer one question out there. Favorite historical places... Probably ellis island because of the significance of it. My great grand parents came here from sweden and it must have been a rough experience not speaking much english at all and having little education. My great grandfather ordered a root beer in new york expecting an actual beer and almost spit it out.

Lafitte's blacksmith shop in new orleans is interesting. I wonder if cajun titan is any relation to him. Hell all of the french quarter of new orleans is a great historical site. I have not been but would love to visit concord mass and see walden pond and the houses of throeau and emerson..

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Do you speak any Swedish?

Immigrants amaze me. Sorry for getting back on me for a second, my grandfather came to Australia on a boat from Italy which nothing but the clothes on his back and began sharing a room with 7 or 8 other people. He died recently and left behind 4 houses that he owned plus a crap load of money.
    Before he died he had a heart attack, died and was revived, but suffer permanent brain damage and was a shell of who he used to be. But before all that he used to slip me and my brother $50 each here and there. Birthdays and Christmas's and Easter were goldmines. This is from a man who came from nothing and left us everything.

Some of these stories of Immigrants are amazing.

6. cajuntitan

cajuntitan 26.2ers can do it for hrs

If I’m related to him I don't know it. If he is related to Jean Lafitte, I wouldn't mind being his long lost cousin. Jean Lafitte (A pirate) has his treasure buried somewhere in SW Louisiana. Maybe he has a map hidden in an old desk or something and they will stumble upon it and make us all rich.:woohoo:

As far as Walden pond, Thoreau and Emerson; still no relation, but my mother is a high school English teacher and has been for 30 something years. She took that trip one summer about 15 years ago and she really loved it. All I can remember was her raving about how cool it was. I on the other hand was 15 at the time and opted to go to summer camp so that I could chase hot teenage tail all week. Ahh, the joys of youth!:ha:

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Jean Lafitte..

That's him, that's his place there on bourbon and st. phillip his legit business which was a cover for his other activities. The mafia had nothing on him. He supposedly navigated some bayous and streams leading up to new orleans that nobody else has been able to navigate even to this day.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Sure i speak swedish..

Korv(sausage), krop krokker(potato dumplings), smorgasbord. Ok all i know are foods and that vallkomen means welcome. Doesn't matter because 90% of swedes knows english well so if i ever visit i'll be ok..

Sure i would love to speak it. When we were very small while my great grand father was still living he used to speak it all the time to my grandfather and great aunt. Once he passed they stopped speaking it..

Ethnicity is a funny thing because my son has a swedish surname, is half filipino and 100% southern! :suspect:

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Did he have a good chicken recipe?:))

[​IMG]

10. cajuntitan

cajuntitan 26.2ers can do it for hrs

Jean Lafitte

We have a festival (imagine that) to celebrate Lafitte every year!

http://www.cityoflakecharles.com/festivals/contra.asp

Back to the questions:

If you were a pirate what would your Pirate name be?
    Would you have a parrot and if so what would you name it?
    If you had to choose between one of the following, which would you choose:
    a) peg leg
    b) hook for a hand
    c) one good eye covered with a patch
    d) all of the above

You don't really have to answer those questions!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar