MEMBER OF THE WEEK 11-19: Childress

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Nov 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

It blows man.

We pillaged so many great countries & yet my passport doesn't allow me to move to any of them unless I have great qualifications.

Strangely every man & is dog is allowed to live in the UK & immediately get state benefits.:irked:

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I've lived an action packed life.

I like Gunny & I imagine I'll be speaking to him in cyberland for many moons to come. Ask me again in 30 years, right now he might crack the top 30.:ha:

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I don't follow cricket at all or rugby much to shout about.

The last time my interests involved a clash with the Aussies was when Ricky Hatton retired Kostya Tszyu.
    :grrhee:

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

You bet you're azz.

Seeing Brits portrayed in movies & tv shows is hilarious. Very few of us talk like Hugh Grant or are obsessed with drinking tea.

I'm pick up accents really easily. Give me a day with an Aussie & I'd be able to fool Gunny that I'm Australian.:))

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

This is a tough one I'm book mad.

I can't do it I'll have to categorize.

Fantasy:
    1:Druss The Legend - David Gemmell
    2:Honored Enemy - Raymond E Feist
    3:The Sword of Truth Series - Terry Goodkind
    4:Chronicles of The Raven - James Barclay
    5:Lion of Macedon - David Gemmell

Horror/Fantasy:
    1:The Bad Place - Dean Koontz
    2:Insomnia - Stephen King
    3:The Green Mile - Stephen King
    4:Intensity - Dean Koontz
    5:Lightning - Dean Koontz

Spy Thrillers/Action
    1:The Last Raven - Craig Thomas (All the Patrick Hyde series are brilliant)
    2:The Bourne Tilogy - Robert Ludlum
    3:Map of Bones - James Rollins
    4:Tramp in Armour - Colin Forbes
    5:A Hooded Crow - Craig Thomas

Crime Thrillers
    1:The Poet - Michael Connelly
    2:Still Life With Crows - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child
    3:The Coffin Dancer - Jeffrey Deaver
    4:The Last Coyote - Michael Connelly
    5:Dead Sleep - Greg Isles

My favorite author is David Gemmell who sadly died last year at only 57 years old.

I'd like to see Ludlum's The Parsifal Mosaic made into a movie.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

GoTitans.com,ColtsFreaks.com,MMAJunkie.com,DarkHorizons,com,tennessean.com.

This is a tale of coincidences.Until Eddie George came along I've always like Defensive players more than Offensive ones. Ray Childress was my favorite player. In 94' I went to an Oilers game at the Astrodome. At the game I bought an Oilers yearbook which had Ray on the cover.

The Oilers were awful. I got see both Bucky Richardson & Billy Joe Toliver play in one game,yes they were that bad.They lost 30-10 to the Cards & were 1 - 13 on the season. There were only about 23,000 at the game. I believe Overalls was one of them.

Anyway I savoured the experience of seeing my beloved team at home for the 1st time & stayed long after the game was over. My buddy & I ended waiting outside with a crowd of fans hoping to see some of the players.

To my disgust as they started to come out the group of fans there started to heckle the players as they came. Shouting abuse & generally telling them that they sucked.

Chris Dishman I remember looked really upset by it & none of the players gave us the time of day.

Out came Ray Childress with a sharpie in his hand.We were all stood behind metal railings & Ray went to the 1st group & started signing things.People were still shouting out that he & the team sucked but he never responded,he just kept moving down the line & signing.

I don't know maybe it took him 5 -10 minutes to get to me. He took my yearbook from & as he handed it back I said thank you in my stand out English accent. He paused looked me right in the eye,pointed to me & said 'you'(emphasized) are welcome. The people after me started to thank him after that & when he eventually left after maybe 20-30 minutes he was cheered.

I was completely blown away.i didn't just meet my hero but he surpassed my expectations & made the experience one I will never forget. Meeting people you admire is often a disappointing experience.

This man is a pure blood Texan lived the role of a proud local Texan sports hero. In his entire career college & pro he never played anywhere but Texas. There simply aren't any bad stories to be found about Ray Childress. The fact that he's one of the best defensive players we've ever seen is a bonus.

When i joined this message board there was only one name I was ever going to choose. It's served me well on other boards too. Everyone from our geberation knows the name Childress & respected him as a player.

That would be Mario Kart or Street Fighter at home,Ridge Racer in the arcade.

I owned Ridge Racer.Any where I found one I set the highest score.I was frikkin awesome. I even did it at 1st attempt on a left hand drive one in Disneyland.

Oh man I don't know.

1:High Plains Drifter or The Otlaw Josey Wales
    2:pulp Fiction
    3:Twelve Monkeys
    4:The Great Escape
    5:predator

This list is not really a true top 5 as it's to tough without some serious thought going into it. These are 5 of 5 favorites though.

Predator will be frowned at no doubt but I was always a sucker for Arnie films & IMO it's his best one. I can't imagine any other actor fitting the role better. His limitations as an actor don't hurt this film in any way. In fact he's perfect for it.

The film is also timeless being set in the jungle.There's no cars or buildings or fashion to use as reference points. The effects don't age either.

In 50 years people will still be able to watch it without it looking dated.There aren't many films that have that quality.For me that's why it's a special film.

Adam Jones

I guess my family always had them. Also I'm an introvert & when I was young I had a serious illness that made me withdraw even further. Candy our Black Lab/Border Collie cross got through some tough times.

I've always wanted to have an English Bull Terrier,5 yrs ago we managed to find a rare black one who we named Cara after guardian character in a fantasy novel . Best thing I've ever done,I'll never have another breed of dog. She makes me laugh every day.

When we got Cara Leanne also rescued a ferile kitten who we named Dylan. As they grew up together Dylan copied most of Cara's goofy personality.I've never seen a cat like him.He thinks he's a dog.

7. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

:yes:.. i hear you bro.
    Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free.. My man!

[​IMG]

Ever fantasized of having oral sex with the queen?
    Well.. not necessarily the queen. She's 400 years old.. But i mean like one of her 45 year old great great grand-daughters. You know.. power, money.. and all the good things that go with it.. You'd be a male mistress (or mister) to one of the most powerful women in the world. How cool is that..:greedy:

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

:spit: :shocked:

That's a bad gene pool man,I think at some point they were spliced with a horse.

Way too many teeth in them to feel safe in that scenario.
    [​IMG]

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'm looking into reading some fantasy books, and I'll check out your top 5. But have you read any RA Salvatore or Robert Jordan?

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Is your picture in The Big Book of British Smiles?

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar