Mel Kiper's Grade A Mock Draft for the Titans

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fry, Apr 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Definitely do not agree with drafting 2 WR's that early. I could see using one of the later 2nd's or early 3rd round for a WR.

Kiper and these guys get paid way too much for what they do.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

He also has us not picking a front 7 player on D. I can't see that not happening.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

There is just so much defensive talent in this draft and to come away with one starter would be a travesty, especially when you're doubling up at offensive positions.

Not a single front-seven player in the first three rounds would be a terrible way to go, IMO.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

For the Titans to have a grade A draft, the following positions need to be addressed with those top 6 picks we have:

OT
    CB
    Safety
    NT
    MLB
    OG

Wouldn't mind taking 2 corners even, although a DL would be perfectly acceptable in there since this years draft is very deep there (in addition to a big NT). A WR in there if there's one we just really love is ok. But definitely not 2. And not one in the first round.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I love Shepard and I'm hoping we take him with one of our picks in the 2nd (43 or 45), but that draft as a whole would be a terrible idea.

Wtf is wrong with Kiper? How often do teams draft like that when they have a ton of needs? Browns maybe?

I don't understand the logic behind taking 2 OTs and WRs with 4 of our first 5 picks.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  6. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

I'm different. I'm not so much concerned about positions, as I am with the titans finding a difference maker. Filling needs is all well and good, but why pass up on the next JJ Watt just because he doesn't fill a need.

7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Because JJ Watt doesn;t win football games alone.......We have A TON of holes to fill...Like worst in football bad.

8. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

I would call it a talent gap: rather than holes.

9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Call it what you will....Same outcome.....The more picks we have, the better chances we have of finding fixtures. Swing and miss on 1 dude, and we could be in the same boat another 2-3 years.

10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I would be 100% shocked if our draft looked anything like that. Robinson has talked about building a tough team and to me that means you have to improve in the front 7 on defense. We do not need to add 2 high rnd rookie WRs. That will not help Mariota very much this year at all.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar