Mel Kiper Jr latest mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Carpy, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

-Ginn
    "He's certainly a dynamic weapon but the question is whether he will be closer to Steve Smith or Troy Williamson at the next level?...He will at the very least be a top-notch return man in the pros but might ultimately be more of a #2 or #3 option as a receiver."

No Thank You
    I'd work him out and make him catch passes from a Juggs machine and from every available QB and run routes for hours, then make a decision

personally, I'd rather have Meachum; but in reality, I'd prefer NOT to take a WR @ 19 .... #30 is a different story

I would however select GInn @ #50 ala LenDale

2. i second that

3. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

Most everything on Meachem I've read states he's not a good route runner nor has the greatest hands around. Seems you read NFLDraftCountdown (I'm assuming that's what NFLDC ment) so here's Meachem:

No Thanks...

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Did you know that the league is comprised currently of undrafted players accounting for 24% of NFL rosters? Did you also know that the Titans and Packers lead the league in this area? Also:

27% of NFL starters are 1st round players
    21% of NFL starters are 2nd round players
    16% of NFL starters, the next largest group, are undrafted players.

Maybe the Titans are drafting the undrafteds just to play the odds better. That Mike Reinfeldt -- always thinking ahead!

5. gosh ur so smart

6. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

hey, the Titans (Reese) have already fired him once.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It's going to be houston...

Based on everything we know houston will be our first rd pick.

1. Reinfeld has stated more than once that we can never have too many good corners.

2. The titans have personally worked houston out both here at baptist and at pro day showing more interest in him than almost any other player. Houston is a freak who ran a 4.32 at the combine but also lifted 22% more than his body weight 27 times!

3. Pacman's suspension and questionable future.

4. Nick harper is only a short term answer at 33 years old.

5. Our defense was ranked 32nd.

Looking at all those factors and who will likely be available with the 19th pick i think it will be houston.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

hmm I think if a DE slips like Anderson we take him, otherwise I agree with Houston.

9. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Counting down the days to the draft when we grab us some GEMS.

AKA: OSU Players.

Ill take me some Ginn
    Ill take me some Pittman
    Ill take me some Gonzo
    Ill take me some Roy Hall

Ill take me some im just kidding

Anyways about the Houston thing. I dont think we need a CB in the first round thats dumb. We just got Harper who isa prooven starter.. Plus did anyone see Finnegan last season?? Uh he was a beast we need to give him a chance. And you never know if Reynaldo will be the Rey in his rookie form or the Rey of last season.

DE or Receiver is what its gonna be.

Its gonna be one of the following for us.

Anderson 100% Chance (If hes there)
    Meachem 60% Chance
    Ginn JR 45% Chance (if Meachem + Anderson are gone then 80%)

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I agree with you Gunny but the FO could be thinking that a guy like Houston is so much better than any CB they could get later in the draft that he is too hard to pass up.

Add in that there is some depth at WR and DE in the draft they might be thinking they want to go CB in the first. Of course who knows what they are thinking because it seems the Titans have been even more hush hush this year than in the past.

Also, these mock drafts have guys going all over the place this year. Hard to really get a handle on where players will be available IMO. Houston however is maybe the best CB in this draft IMO and proved he can shut down some of the best WRs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar