Mekhi Sargent is a stud

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Soxcat, Aug 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

This kid is a stud. Can't believe he was missed in the draft. Great vision, balance, burst and almost always makes the first guy miss if he has any room. Then he is powerful for his size and can drag guys a few extra yards. Watch his college highlights and you see what we have been seeing in the pre-season. The kid is a keeper and might be better than Evans.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Tricky

Tricky Starter

He did look great. I’m taking that performance with a grain of salt though.
    It seems like most RBs that have gotten a shot for us lately have looked good.
    McNichols, for example, looked like a stud when given opportunity last year.

3. Tricky

Tricky Starter

And I get that analytics are not everything… but his athletic measurables are pretty underwhelming. 8CEE4A88-FA47-4043-BF5E-EEA1424BED74.jpeg

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Iowa sure has some impressive blocking

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

McNichols is OK but Sargent almost makes it look effortless at finding the crease and running through tackles. He is the kind of RB that really makes the OL look good because he doesn't need much room and is precise in his decisions. The way he kept his legs moving for extra yardage was really impressive. Almost reminded me of Emmitt Smith the way he found the hole and scooted through. If there were arms in his way they didn't even slow him down.

6. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

And he is staying on the field not the training room!

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

He's broke a lot of tackles this preseason so far to.

8. Tricky

Tricky Starter

I hope we get to see him against some defenders that will be on an NFL roster next week. He could end up being the next James Robinson, but I’m not ready to say he’s more than a flash in the pan yet.

9. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

But on the flipside, what has Evans really shown us? With as much field time as he has actually had, he's pretty much just a flash in the pan as well.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Tricky

Tricky Starter

True. And he hasn’t even really flashed. I’m ready to move on from Evans. This offense has never really supported the scat back type (dion lewis, darrynton evans), but the big bruisers seem to do well consistently.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar