Megan Fox to play April O'Neal in TMNT movie

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Actually the Star Wars prequels did ruin Star Wars to a degree. The original trilogy did a fine job of telling the backstory through dialogue. Watching the prequels and how dumb they were make the interactions in the original films a lot worse. The relationship between obi wan and vader was totally butchered.

Now I don't obsess over this, it's not my life or anything but it is true.

See I can follow a story and a plot and they matter. I'm just intelligent enough to do that. Sawdust man is just duuur oh characters talk so dumb when more splosions durrrrrr

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

And because Michael Bay is involved.

3. Alex1939

omguuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurd shut up. too much talking. make my brain hurt. more splosions now yeehawwwwwww!

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

FWIW I've heard good things from everyone who's actually seen it and not just blind-hating due to their Michael Bay butthurt.

5. Alex1939

I thought the trailer looked terrible. Rotten tomato score is in the gutter too.

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Star wars was screwed by the prequels. One word: MITICLORIANS.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Alex1939

Another thing that really bothers me is in original obi says how he and vader where good friends. There is nothing to suggest that in the prequels if anything obi thinks he's a damn brat, cause he was.

And of course in the first Star Wars vader is just a creepy scary villain. He was never space Jesus.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I don't put much stock in RT scores though. I wouldn't expect hoity toity critics to give a Michael Bay TMNT movie a positive review. It has a 64% positive audience rating though.

But yeah, I wasn't very impressed with the trailer either. I'll likely wait for Redbox. But you and I both know if this were the exact same movie just without Bay involved it wouldn't be getting trashed so badly by people who haven't even seen it yet.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I thought it was a cool concept, just poor execution. I liked seeing young Anakin but it probably didn't need to be stretched out over an entire trilogy. And then it was made even more painful by the fact that the kid who played the youngest Anakin was such a terrible actor. On the plus side, each one was better than the last and Episode III was legitimately worthy of the Star Wars name, at least IMO.

All that said, I have no problems separating the two trilogies and the new one does not tarnish the old one in any way for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar