Megan Fox to play April O'Neal in TMNT movie

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

The whole "ruined childhood" thing is sooooo lame and flat out b****baby. Why would a remake/reboot have any affect whatsoever on how you feel about the original source material or childhood nostalgia? LOL how pathetic.

I've seriously never understood that mentality. Wahhhhhhh Rob Zombie ruined Halloween for me. Wahhhhhh Will Smith's kid ruined Karate Kid for me. Get a f'ing life.

(FWIW l think TMNT looks pretty bad. I'll check it out when it's available to rent though.)

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Ya lol won't ruin my childhood if its terrible. Not even my day.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

It's just a figure of speech. they're just raping the characters you liked in childhood (possibly)

The new Star Wars didn't make me hate the original Indiana Jones or Star Wars... but it did put a bit of a dimmer light on them.. but much more on George Lucas (who started on the downward spiral by Howard the Duck in 1986)

It sucks, that when Star wars gets mentioned, those horrible bastardized movies get mentioned alongside. If this movie is an atrocity, then it will be the same.

Almost nobody under 25 years old has any recollection of the old Transformers. MB's Transformers are the only Transformers to them. these things do have an effect on legacies.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Nah, lots of people act like a remade movie, tv show, etc literally raped their precious childhood memories and now it's ruined for the rest of their life.

I think the Star Wars prequels are a bit of a different story. Because they were a continuation of the original story and Lucas was directing. Still, I don't see why it's so hard for everyone to separate one from the other. No one is being forced to see a remake/reboot/sequel which they do not want to see.

E.G. If you think Rob Zombie's Halloween is an atrocity or some form of sacrilege..... then maybe just don't watch it? And if you do watch it and let it somehow taint your memories/opinion of Carpenter's original, well then that's on you IMO. Again, I just don't get why people can't separate/compartmentalize these things. I mean for god's sake we're talking about entertainment here. Some people take this stuff way too seriously.

Come on though. We're talking about the "legacies" of TMNT and Transformers? These are children's cartoon/comic book characters. I'm not sure I'm following your point about most people under 25 not knowing about the original Transformers. If they previously knew nothing about them then basically MB's Transformers is "just another mindless action movie" to them, whereas they might not have ever even heard of Transformers otherwise. I don't see what the problem is.

Furthermore, I'm willing to bet plenty of kids and young adults have been turned on to the original cartoon series because of Bay's films.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Got my tix for tonight, taking my son. He wants to dress up as a turtle, but I know 10 minutes in he'll be uncomfortable and make me hold his stuff.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I agree. Ive accepted that this version of the turtles is going to be different in a lot of ways. I'll always be able to go back and watch the original movies if I want.

Lets see what 2014 can do for action packed TMNT movies.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Do you even know how the childhood Ninja Turtles raped the actual original, comic book Ninja Turtles?

8. XO

XO Nevada Native

Song is terrible. Absolutely terrible.

Juicy J would juggle flaming dongs while rapping about the McDonald's dollar menu for the $$$

Dude sold his soul.

9. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I saw a clip of this on the facebooks, and it actually looked alright.

I think people are overreacting/and acting like it'll be awful just because it isn't what we grew up to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar