Meet "Adam" Jones

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This is A+ work for you.

But anyways, Moss would never fit in in Tennessee. Our WR's are down field blockers, which Moss is not. And I don't know what you are saying about my Jarred Allen example... "Using Jared Allen as an example of a guy we passed on twice (who didn't) would make no sense using your logic either." Explain that please...... I get that DUI part, but the rest......? Are you saying every team passed on him in the fourth round? Because that's not true.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Why? He dominated before Moss and Welker got there.

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Sort of like Deion Sanders was the greatest CB that ever played because nobody ever threw at him?

Please. :rolleyes:

4. CaptainQuick

CaptainQuick Starter

can you name someone that was/is a better punt returner that TITANS ever had?

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Adam Jones was a good punt returner, but how do you go from 9.4 yards per return to 12.9, and then drop to 4.5 yards a return? That's not good. He did miss a season in the middle there, but returning punts is like riding a bike. So with that said, should we expect the Bengals NOT to let Jones touch a punt?

I don't judge a punt returner on his averages. What I try to look at is what he took from that play. Did he gain 12 when only 3-yards should have come from it, or did he only get 5-yards when he could have gotten 20... Adam Jones had some serious highlights from returns, but also coughed up some balls that could have led to six. In some ways he was comparable to C.J. where if you gave him an inch he could take it a mile. Overall I'd say he was in fact our best returner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar