Media Mock Drafts

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titans1839, Dec 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

what I'm saying is off the field issues is an indication of poor decision making. Poor decision making in general leads to bust on high picks. Giving a person millions, boosting their ego with a high draft pick and putting them in the spotlight generally doesn't work out on players who exhibit poor decision making.
    I dont believe their are 32 franchise qbs alive and therefore most teams will be searching for one.
    so my course of action would be to bolster other key positions with high draft picks. Find a project QB and get a good team around him.
    wasting another top pick on a dream is what will keep us at the bottom.
    if Winston is picked ill support him and hope I'm wrong....but its not likely that I will be.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

any other position this works, but you need something special to make it work at QB. Mett has a little bit of that, maybe enough with a supporting cast but QB is not where I want to take on a project.

Either draft our next QB or stick with Mett for 2015 and truly see where he stands. Lets face it, with our rag tag OLine he stood no chance by the time season wrapped up.

3. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

I like Mett. And see what your saying. Most of the SB winning qbs were project qbs on teams with good defenses and online. Mett would have went high had he not been hurt. I just don't think Winston will be a franchise QB.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

So now you're arguing that all high character guys are injury prone? Jake Locker may or may not have developed into a good NFL QB, but his constant injuries prevented any chance of it, not his "character". In fact I'd argue if he wasn't a high character guy he wouldn't have gotten as far as he did, with all those injuries.

5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

If you read my post again I never mention injuries at all. Jake was a reach and I think deep down we all knew it. Having just come out of the VY era, they were scared to draft anyone with any sort of personality or off the field issues, so they drafted someone the exact opposite as VY. If you compare their careers with the Titans you have to admit we were a better team with VY than Jake. I disliked VY from the day we drafted him but at the end of the day he won. So the point is, we have had it both ways; the high character guy, and the low character guy. Neither worked. But some people on here are acting like since we had VY and he didn’t work out that any QB with off the field issues is going to automatically fail. But we have had the high character guy as well and that didn’t work either and you could argue that the guy with attitude/off the field issues was more successful than the high character guy.

6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Let me also say I don’t want the Titans to draft Winston or Mariota. I prefer they trade down. But I also don’t think it’s the end of the world if they do draft one of them. I would actually admire the guts it takes to make such a decision. I would also like it that they are going to keep looking for their franchise QB until they find him. But I see all of these posts that act like it’s the end of the world if the Titans draft Winston and some people (moreso on Twitter than on goTitans) even have said that they will no longer be a Titans fan if they draft him. I just think that’s so ridiculous, I just want to get everyone used to the idea that it might happen so it’s not a shock if it does.

7. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

I think Winston supporters are really grasping for any argument that might make sense for the titans to draft him. Jake was a reach, did he really do anything at Washington that made him deserve a top ten pick? However, last year to open the season the team looked great and Jake was playing very well until he was injured again.
    Another question, did Young have any off the field issues in Texas? I dont remember him getting in much trouble in college

8. kenny

kenny Starter

I agree it is a risk, but with the amount of holes we have on this roster it is a risk worth taking. Not in the 1st round, but after that I would not be upset. It would be a big gamble in the 2nd, but I would make the gamble. That is if he looks as good on tape as many analysts say he does.

Gut would be great to get involved in this conversation. He is very skilled at watching tape & evaluating players. I will see if I can get him to take a look at him. I will see what tape I can find on him as well. Will try to see if I can find more details about his off field issues.

He is friends & mentored by Marshawn Lynch. I see many teams reacting to that as a bad thing. Lynch does not have a good rep with many personnel people in the NFL. I have no problem with the guy. He continually performs at a high level. All that said I wonder if Lynch is helping him to get Seattle an inside track to him in the draft. Players with character issues do concern me, but we have got to take a shot on a few to get thing turned around IMO. McCourtey, Pollard, maybe even Griffin (Doubt he is cut as much as the FO has hyped him up. Although I wish think there is good reason to do so.) would be good mentors for the kid as far as keeping his nose clean.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Of course there was the other journalist on twitter who said the gunman during the library shooting should go after Winston.

Kid gets more vitriol than he deserves, without a doubt.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar