Meanwhile... Andrew Luck

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Nov 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wraith

Wraith Starter

Luck is fools gold, never was that impressed with him

2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Idk man. I've said that before. But Deuce is right. What evidence do you have that he's anything other than average?

3. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Was Peyton Manning any better his first couple of years? How about all of those game winning drives, taking a 2 win team to 11 wins.

Now obviously not every 1st overall QB who struggles at first will be the next Peyton Manning, but you just get a feeling that he's a special player. I think most of us have that feeling about him, but a few are just too stubborn to admit it. Luck is a special player. We unfortunately have to battle against him for the division for the next decade. You can either chose to accept it now or later. Believe me, I'm hardly thrilled about it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I too find him extraordinarily average. I've been saying it since last year. Put wins aside and look at stats alone and see if you still think he's on the verge of being elite. It's not even close. Luck logic can be applied to Alex Smith too. Smith went to KC and has taken a 2-14 team and made them a 9 win team with 5 games left. Does anyone think Smith is borderline elite? There are about 15 current qbs I would take to win 1 game over Luck.

5. Brew City

Not saying he is VY or Tebow, but he has that factor. They consistently won games so were put on a higher pedestal despite having very average to below average stats. This is a team game and the team wins and loses, not 1 guy.

6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I understand what you mean but isn't it possible that the special feeling we all get from Luck is due to the fact that we heard his name and watched his college highlights ad nauseam for months during the draft process and then again after he entered the league? Name familiarity is a powerful tool. Its why politicians still spend money on signs in 2013.

The reason I think this is all it is, is because to this day I watch guys like Matt Leinart and half expect them to finally "snap out" of it and play like ESPN told me they would play during their draft process even though they've shown me nothing but bad play in the NFL. It's why guys who are clear busts last longer in the league than no name guys who may or may not be better than them. If you hear that player x is amazing enough times and from enough people you start to believe it to the point that you don't trust your own eyes and instincts sometimes. I think this may be happening with Luck to at least some degree. It's the only thing that explains just how much love and how little criticism he gets.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Well of course if he not VY or Tebow. You say he is "Average" and those two are (or should I say were) certainly far worse than average.

8. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

lol reminds of a roommate I had, wed be arguing about something and by the end after he realized I was right hed throw in some random ass fact like the skys blue so you saying the sky aint blue ok then im right haha

babies

9. Brew City

They got a lot of hype though. People thought they were good for a while until the wins stopped showing up and people started seeing them for who they really were.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yes.

Yes, he was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar