McNichols cut?!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Jan 8, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Timing is a little weird for this to go down.

McNichols made our offense so predictable when he came in on 3rd down. It was the same old screen plays with him and he just wasn't someone you would think would make a play other than getting a 4 yard catch on 3rd and 3. This move is no loss to us whatsoever. I'd rather have Hilliard any day over McNichols.

As for Wilkins, I've seen him play 2 times and he's actually a decent RB. Hopefully he will get a chance to showcase what he has tomorrow. I'm guessing the coaching staff like what they see out of him.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

I fear this too but he didn’t play all pre season either and had no issues

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

I don't like this. Actually against the Cardinals in his first game, although used sparingly, he was underwhelming 17 car/58yds, 3.4 avg. I just hope he's not rusty, in his first action in over 2 months, in the playoff game. At least we have other capable RBs.

#23 rock8titans, Jan 8, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
  4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Foreman and Hillard > Peterson and McNichols

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Whether he's rusty or not. It's his presence on the field is what will open up our offense.

I just don't see how playing tomorrow will knock off the rust when he will take off another 2 weeks before another game.

• Cheers Cheers x 4
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

not even a comparison at this point in time

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Wilkins goes back to the practice squad after tomorrow’s game. Then….Henry back on track.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Blake7511

Blake7511 Starter

Not surprising was actually thinking about this the other day. Foreman wasn’t going anywhere so it was down to McNichols or Hillard, Hillard has shown the ability to catch the ball out did the backfield and has breakaway speed he’s also a far better runner than McNichols.

9. 8Bruce8

8Bruce8 Starter

Mcnichols getting cut hasn't suprised me. Didn't excel or showed anything this year. Cut for another RB is a bit suprising however they must've seen something in training i suppose.

10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Henry should watch this over and over...that should knock some rust off...Henry is going to be fine, he will be highly motivated to hit the ground running and help this team in the playoffs

He probably has heard that we were done without him..he's watched Taylor take over the rushing lead..he's heard Taylor for MVP talk ..the King is pissed

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar