McNair....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I say unless we get at least a 2nd rounder for next season or a starting LB/CB from the rat birds we don't do anything, for right now anyways. The longer the Titans wait on this the better for the team. The team really doesn't have to make a decision until July anyways, so unless we get a good deal....no deal.

2. Mcnair for Ravens next season first rounder and a bit of beas n honey

That's the only deal I would accept, and its the one I 've been saying all along

3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

All I can say is that Bus Cook should be called "Buzz" from this point forward because based on this quote from him he has to be cooking up some good stuff in his kitchen:

"Hopefully (the deal) will almost double the same money over three years that Tennessee had on the table.''

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What about boller?

Has he been involved in any of these talks?

5. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

They want a vet to compete with Boller, they won't give him up. And I certainly hope we wouldn't take him.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I don't think we're taking ANYTHING right now. The ravens won't go crazy to get him, and Reese wants to get him back in. Maybe after a week or two of talks with Cook/McNair, if we aren't getting ANYWHERE, and Reese feels the money pressure a little, he'd make a deal if the Ravens are offerring something good. I pray that if we have to let him go, we get at least a third and something else. I'd prefer a second. In reality, I don't think we get anything close to that. I think Reese holds out, a deal probably doesn't come through, and we give him up late for free. I really wish a deal could work out, but Bus is clearly working his hardest to get Steve out of here. I thought before that it could just be Bus talking to get more money, but more and more I'm believing that he doesn't want to be a titan, which is terrible. I'm not saying that he's what he once was, but I don't want to see him finish as a Raven.

7. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I wouldn't want boller at all, I think we could still use a good OL, ILB, or CB.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'd take boller...

I think it is too soon to say he is a bust. He has only started 34 games in one of the worst places to play for a QB. He has never had a season like jake plummer once had in arizona. In plummer's third season he had 9 TDs and 24 ints.

The ravens have had a poor running game the last 2 seasons, few receiving options and a weak o-line. No QB does well there. Elvis grbac went from the pro bowl in 2000 to retirement after playing a year with the ravens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar