McNair retirement fund.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Jan 27, 2006.

?
  1. Redo current contract, pay him 10 mil

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Redo contract, pay him OVER 13.5 mil

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  3. Redo contract, pay him under 8 mil

19 vote(s)
    54.3%
  4. Cut him, resign him after he tests the market

9 vote(s)
    25.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

It is possible.

Three year deal with an option for the final, friendly to us, fair to him. I don't see him leaving, regardless of what pans out. Losing Steve is like giving up, making us way to young in the head where it counts. Bad idea. I'd say "Please let's not make this into an Eddie situation. We'd hate to lose you like that, and hate the perception you might get, regardless of where you end up. We want the best for you, we just think that's here."

Who knows, the right pickups and impact draft players, we could see some glory before Steve's sun sets.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

That's what I want at least.

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

This is painful to watch. I've never had to see a hero put out to pasture.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Eddie?

5. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

See below....

Our situation with McNair is somewhat like Green Bay and Farve. The Cheeseheads are hanging onto an old QB who can longer win games. They keep throwing their money into something that can't be fixed. We are not a retirement home for players who USED to be great, that role has been taken by the Raiders who collect old USED-TO-BES.
    It is obvious about McNair, he is one hit away from retirement. Is this what you want to invest in?
    ________
    Gong Bong

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I hear that Oakland might need a quarterback. :lol3:

7. avvie

Not the same. He spat upon us.

Steve still wants to play here, and we're trying to see what the glue factory will offer us.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I agree completly

EG's decision to go to DaBoyz instead of taking a pay cut to stay in Nashville is one of the stupidest decisions I think I can remember an intelligent person making. It's like his decision tree was done on a Candyland board or something - just totally nonsensical.

He could still be in the Titan backfield today getting ceremonial starts and the occasional 15+ carry game when CB breaks down. PLUS converting on 3rd and 1 would not just have to be a dream.

9. wg53

wg53 Starter

Restructuring or not...he did not lose out on any money. By restructuring it guarenteed him the money that was a base salary by converting it into a bonus. Sure it lowered his base pay....but by converting it to a bonus it became prorated over the length of the contract....He made out just fine.

10. avvie

And on top of that, he made the same or less than we offered him. He signed a contract with incentives that he couldn't deliver.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar