McNair Remains a No-Show

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: As of lunchtime today, Steve McNair had not reported to Baptist Sports Park to take his physical. Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said that McNair could pass his physical later in the day but still not participate in the team's OTAs scheduled next week if a trade is close with the Ravens. "If a deal (that means McNair is elsewhere) is imminent, no it doesn’t make sense to put him on the field," Fisher said. "It doesn’t. If a deal ends up getting done, then he needs to move on. Again, I’m a little selfish here now, he’s been our quarterback. I’d love to get this thing worked out and get him under center.”

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

nuh-na-nahh-nahh....nuh-na-nahh-nahh... Hey...hey...

[​IMG]

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

helmet to helmet contact on the QB - NO FLAG

Would result in a summary execution if done against Gayton Pman

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

why does Fisher keep sucking up. When is he going to realize you have to let players go. You can't keep them forever. His loyality IMO goes to far. He needs to worry more about what he has than what he doesn't
    If it was left him to him we would still have Eddie George in the backfield :(

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

You may think it's unprofessional, but I can at least understand that, after working with a player for what, 11 years, you can develop a personal relationship with a player to the extent that you might want to stick in something positive about them when dealing with a problem. I'm sure he has a lot of respect for McNair as well. They've been through a lot together, I'd actually judge him pretty harshly if he just said "well, Steve isn't cutting it, so we're ready to get him out an move on."

6. Sledge

Sledge Guest

that's exactly why you keep hearing rumors he might not be back in 2007

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

McNair in personal relationships is big on respect. Despite the 90% chance he's outta here, Fisher has to allow for the possibility that he could return. If he returned, Fisher would want McNair to feel comfortable and that Fisher is on his side.

Plus, Fisher has no say in the matter anyway so he might as well put a positive spin on this mess since everyone else is just pouring gasoline on the fire!

Gut

8. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

Whats he suppose to say? " F_ _ _ Steve!!! I dont want him back, I wish he would sign with the Ravens so we can move on F_ _ _ him"!!:ha:

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

That sounds like something I would say!

GoT-
    summary execution? keep that coming... I like that one!

Riverman- Nice ballsy pic

That leaves the Fisher debate...

over loyal vs. jerk wad...:hmm:

Pros___________Cons - :brow:

10. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

[​IMG]I'm the McTerminator. You'll not be back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar