McNair Homocide - criminal discussion

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

2. TitansCollector

TitansCollector #9 GBNF

The Tennessean just released information about the autopsy stating:

three of the wounds inflicted to McNair were from a distance greater than 3 feet, one, to the temple was at point blank range.

The wound to Sahel was a close range wound to the head.

They have also stated police confirmed she had recently obtained a firearm, and it was the weapon found on the condo.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

This young woman by all reports, including her family's, was that she was a happy and functional person. Consuming alcohol and/or using drugs is not an unusual occurence for young adults. Additionally, she was apparently a responsible young woman gainfully employed with at least ambitions (and possibly responsible efforts) to received advanced professional education.

Yes- cataclysmic emotional events can trigger mental instability. At this point, nothing has been reported that McNair was going to "break off" the relationship. So even that as a potential trigger has not yet been confirmed.

It would be exceptionally rare for an otherwise normal appearing young woman to suddenly snap into a violent killer and suffer enough mental disease to take her own life violently. I am not reaching for a CSI case or theory. I am simply paying attention to the obvious, based on what has been reported through the media. The demographics of murder-suicide do not support the likelihood of this event, especially in somebody without a history of emotional lability or predisposition to violence. We may hear more about her history, but until we do, it is not "ridiculous" to continue to investigate this case as a potential double homicide.

http://jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/abstract/267/23/3179?ck=nck

Yes- anything can happen. I think many, including myself, are simply hoping that these deaths are fully investigated. I am particularly hopeful that the investigators will be motivated to look past the obvious and rule out the other possibilities rather than just entertain them.

4. TitansCollector

TitansCollector #9 GBNF

Live twitter police statement now, link on Tennessean.com

5. Fanof49ASU

Fanof49ASU Camp Fodder

According to Twitter updates, there were 5 shots. All seem accounted for.

It's sounding very premeditated.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm not making any assumptions until everything has been proven.

I think we all know what the most likely scenario is here, but the most likely scenario has been wrong plenty of times before.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Interesting quote from the comment section regarding the cultural concept of "honor killing" in the Tennessean article . (Not racist but cultural)

http://tennessean.com/article/20090...+gun+found+at+McNair+crime+scene++police+say+

ace777 wrote:

I lived in Tennessee and went to UTK and Memphis State University and TN will always be home to me now I live in Dallas I am not a fan of Tennessee Titians never was and never will be I am a Dallas Cowboys always been. Since the girl is from Iran and I am assuming she is a Muslim by her name and family name and I am a Muslim not from Iran thu, where were her family when she was having sex with a man even a married man when she is not even married or engaged to? And also I don’t know if you people ever heard of honor killing? In the middle eastern cultures a girl is not spouse even to talk to a man she is not engaged or married to that man. The girl will bring shame and dishonor to her family and in many cases in many countries in the middle east I have heard this happened over and over again. My theory is may be the girl felt she brought shame and dishonor to her family because may be Mr. McNair promised to marry her and had sex with her then he changed his mind.
    7/6/2009 4:52:16 PM

I believe, however, it was reported that she and her family were of the Bahai faith.

8. Fanof49ASU

Fanof49ASU Camp Fodder

I believe that I read her parents were not living. (they were killed)

9. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

I bet there are alot of guys that are ending it with their mistress right now.
    RIP Mac9

10. FAN1

FAN1 Starter

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar