McNair holding pep rally for Ravens fans

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ubiq, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Steve clutch mcnair!

As a titan vs the ravens.............57 passing rating 6 Tds 11 ints

As a titan in playoff games..........67 passing rating 6 Tds 11 ints

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

With all the sweat equity I've got in that pic, you know I'm gonna use it every chance I get. I've got at least 6 or 7 minutes tied up in it. :wink2:

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It's for kids. I don't see the problem.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Total absolute bullcrap! There are ronald mcdonalds in every city in this country including nashville. He could help them any time to raise money he can reach into his wallet and give them $50,000 at anytime! To do this on that particular event makes him a royal purple pooping jerk!

Also royally stupid since he has compromised all the good will he had built up in middle tennessee. His endorcement opportunities here have been halved. Maybe he doesn't care.

We will be using my #9 jersey to clean the toilet bowl!

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He has every day of every year to raise money for kids. He can donate to any charity he wants. Doing it at a pep rally for the devils favorite team is unacceptable!

6. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Is it so hard to believe that Steve commited to an event for charity that he believes in before he realized what the event was actually all about. If he demurs after the fact, he might score some PR points there in Tennesseee, but the charity suffers. Instead he decided to be a man of his word, take the PR hit and honor his commitment. As others have said as long as he doesn't show up in a Ravens jersey shaking purple pom-poms I've got absolutely no problem with this.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I really hope that McNair has the class to not don the purple jersey. I don't need to see him in two tone blue... and there isn't a problem with him doing this, but if the organizers of the event who contacted McNair were really "all about the kids" they would brain storm a way to get as many people as possible in the place to raise as much money as possible. The organizers may want a pep rally but what they are really trying to do (apart from raise funds) is tick off Titans fans and Nashville. They could make 5x as much money for those kids if they used McNair in a capacity that attracted Ravens fans and Titan fans alike.

But really, McNair really should for his own PR score try to appear neutral if he wants to lend credibilty to the sentiment that it's not about the Ravens or the Titans but for the kids.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

What a terrible thing he's doing to the kids...making them think it's OK to like ratbirds.

9. Cravnravn

Cravnravn Camp Fodder

Lets put this to rest..Our 105.7 The Fan Radio station, just had on a Nashville personality, Terry Bulger from Channel 4, he affirms that this is a Ravens Rally sponsored by McNair. He also said during his interview that McNair has not stated who he is rooting for.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lets not put this to rest ... and who the scat is Terry Bulger????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar