McNair holding pep rally for Ravens fans

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ubiq, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

:rolleyes: Behind every bird lies a pile of chit :)

McNair has always been a stand-up guy. Good for him.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

yeah but the game is in Nashville. I really don't have a problem with it. McNair has always been involved in communities where he played. The guy is lending his name to raise money for sick kids and their families.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

You are exactly right.
    Charity or not, he has a right to put a slap in the face of the organization, but this is despicable.

He is IN NASHVILLE at a Ravens rally. If we were playing in Baltimore, and he had a rally for them, that's one thing.

I'm glad I gave away my McNair jersey when he left. I would have burned it.

He can raise money without leading a rally.

I really hope we win the SuperBowl so we can forget about how good he was, without winning anything of lasting value.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I expecially like being told how to feel about it by him.

Thanks McMVP but I considerd your image tainted when you signed with the scatbirds

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes Camp Fodder

Umm are you serious? The guy is raising money for sick kids. I was completely joking.

Chill out.

6. nickmsmith

It is a "Purple Pep Rally" He should do his Ravens events in Baltimore. It raises money for charity, that's good. But he's doing it for the visiting fans in Tennessee. That's my beef. He knows what he's doing.

7. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

You guys have got to be kidding me. These are crititcally ill children that need all the help and well wishes that we can send. When your fandom twists your common decency and compasion you have a problem. Who cares who he played for and where it is being held? If he can help by showing up and becoming a draw that will bring in money for these children more power to him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I love Steve McNair. He wasn't always everything we wanted him to be, but he was (and is) always himself... which isn't too shabby.

9. nickmsmith

I'm all for him doing things for sick children. This is not the best way for him to do it to preserve his legacy in TN. It looks like a douchebag move, and it is.
    He could've donated some of his millions to the sick children, or anything else if he cared what Titans fans thought of him. He's not going to the HOF, he's not going to be remembered as one of the great Ravens, so he should value the respect he gets in Nashville if anything.

This is not a bashing on him doing a good thing for sick kids, it's the way he's doing it.

Feel me?

he didn't worry too much about the children he could've killed when he was driving around drunk, almost twice the legal limit (.18 is over double where I live) and swerving around downtown Nashville.

What a class act.

[​IMG]

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

maybe he thinks helping sick kids is more important than his legacy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar