McNair Credits Moon for Paving Trail

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Warren Moon, the fourth leading passer in NFL history, was elected into the 2006 class of the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Saturday. Moon played 10 years (1984-93) with the Oilers/Titans organization and holds the franchise records for passing yards (33,685) and touchdowns (196), while leading the Oilers to seven consecutive playoff appearances from 1987-93. Moon was an inspiration for Steve McNair. "I have known Warren for many years and realize the many obstacles he had to overcome throughout his life in pursuit of playing quarterback", said McNair. "I very much appreciate the trail that Warren paved for me. Growing up wanting to play quarterback, he was an inspiration to me and my brothers. Minority quarterbacks were few and far between, but Warren's play insured that those coming behind him wouldn't have to change positions to find a place in the NFL."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

This is the first time I can ever remember the whole black and white thing being brushed way under the rug. You could say this is a major step forward for mankind. Nobody is really making a big deal out of it. Yet.

3. dennykidd

dennykidd Guest

congrats to warren !

I am very happy for warren moon.I watched every game he played for the oilers.From being booed nonstop his first year to being inducted in the hall. Quite an accomplishment.I would like to see wycheck,George and Mcnair join him in a few years. Time will tell.

4. jdee

jdee Guest

Kudos, very happy for Warren. He revitalized the Oilers in the mid 80's and engineered the "run and shoot" with Jack Pardee. Earnest Givins, Drew Hill, Haywood Jeffries, Curtis Duncan, Lorenzo White, Gary Brown, Allen Pinkett, what an offensive arsenal.

JDee

5. He is one of a multiple reasons why I am a proud Oiler/Titan fan, those days at the Astrodome Da House of Pain, Run N' Shoot offense, I don't understand why never reached the super bowl, but I am proud of our history, since Earl Campbell to our 4-12 season, but I am confident that our organization will be soon where we belong, to the NFL elite.

GO TITANS!!!

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

MCNAIR IN THE PROBOWL?!?!?!?!?!??!? What the heck?!?

7. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Hopefully Warren will also be paving the way for Steve to land himself in the Hall, too. :brow:

Damn glad to see Moon made it in now, just as he should have. I had a niggling suspicion that he'd be snubbed for a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar