Mcnair come back home.....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

Everyone saw the game Saturday Ravens vs Colts. I love and respect Steve Mcnair a great deal even when people were calling for Neil O donnell any time Steve made a mistake. After watching Steve for years here in Tennessee he simply did not look like he wanted it not like he did when he was here. He did not have Fisher and he looked lost and alone and just simply out of it. He does not have what he used to his prime is over for Super Mac. However unlikely it would be a great fit if he left and maybe retired or even maybe a bit of a fantasy but come back to Tn and back-u p VY. Now that Reese is gone how nice would it be for Mcnair to come back home and put on the right colors and be a back up for Vince. However unlikely that seems that would be a good scenario.

2. BJShan

BJShan Starter

I remember an artical that came out sometime around the draft where McNair (through his agent) said that he had no desire what-so-ever to play backup even to Young.

He wanted to start for 2-3 more years before he retired. I doubt his feelings have changed much.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I like the dream also. I don't think he'll start next year in Baltimore. I'm not sure he'd make the team.

4. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

I don't think he'd be good for Vince, and I doubt that he'd accept a back-up role anywhere. I see him headed back to the farm.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

he's got them on the hook for 3 years and 11 million doesn't he? Honestly, is he really all that bad? I can't imagine the Ravens, the #2 afc seed cutting him. That's crazy. Isn't it?

6. TD10

TD10 Camp Fodder

I dont see McNair coming to back up Vince, McNair knows he is a starter, and B-More would be stupid not to bring him back, because they have nothing else. Even if they did let him go, back-up QB's see little playing time, and McNair wants to play. A return of Eddie a few years ago would have been more logical because as a back-up RB you still see a pretty good amount of PT and can still contribute on the field. I think the best case scenerio for Steve would be to come back on the coaching staff in a few seasons, maybe as a special assistant or QB coach, then he could help mentor VY. But I may be dreaming when I am talking about this as well.

7. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

He wants a ring, I dont see him thinking he can do it as a backup or mentor, when he retires, itd be nice to see him come in as the QB supervisor or somethin

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

steve really isnt one of the better guys to have mentor a young qb. mac got by on great athletic ability and being a gamer. we need someone who would be a better teacher.

9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

So is Vy, and not to mention theyve been friends for years, so they know they can work together, Vy has looked up to Mac9 for yrs

10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

McNair had a McNair season. He was not flashy and brilliant he just did what was needed to win the games. Of course that was not enough vs a team that has seen McNair through most of his career and could scheme against that but no way a team that got the second seed in the AFC lets there starting QB go.

Maybe if Lewis had put up more yards? That fumble at the begging of the game seemed to almost deflate the entire offense. They were not clicking at all. And give a little credit to Indi D. Two consecutive weeks they have shut down decent offenses when everyone had already marked them as dead. Manning sure has not contributed much. The run game has been non existant. There D is playing like there were insutled and rightfully so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar