McNair calls first Ravens practice 'mind boggling'

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by flamehead2, Jun 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

I don't understand the bashing of reese! He did nothing but go get great players (Mcnair/George) While they were on thier way up. and get rid of them when they were on thier way down (Same Player) Can he help it if they're at the end of thier carrers?

LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR SO YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHY WE ARE COMING DOWN ON MCNAIR.
    HEEE'S NOOOO LOOONGER AAAA TITAN!!!!

Now let me explain the fact that i forgive floyd reese for not KISSING MCNAIRS #$% anymore

HEEEE ISSS STILL AAAA TIIITAAN!!!

Ok i'm done yelling. Please stop saying you don't understand it. Because it's been laid out plainly. Say you disagree, but please don't say you don't understand it.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

not McNairs fault Reese never got him a #1 WR?

Thigpen was signed as a #1 after two seasons over 1300 yards.
    Carl Pickens was one of the best WRs out there at the time.
    And if Derrick Mason if he isn't a #1 I don't know who is.

3. MacNine

MacNine Starter

Please, Mason developed into a #1. I guess thats why he couldn't sniff the field in his early years until all of the injuries at WR made him a last resort. Remember Sanders was ahead of Mason on the depth chart.

Thigpen? The guy had a screw in his foot. Name one other WR that has a screw in his ankle that consistently put up big numbers.

Pickens, could barely run when the Titans picked him up.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Thigpen had a screw in his foot years before he signed with Tenn, had it repaired after signing.

Pickens played a full season the season before signing with Tennesee.

And Reese drafted Mase, not his fault he didnt see the field.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I agree with jaydog....

I think gunny is naive regarding the idea that that mcnair should have eaten about $10m or more and just be vince young's backup. In the meantime mcnair has no chance of ever getting into the hall of fame had he stayed with the titans. What sane person would do that?

For starters gunny, 33 is not old. If mcnair lives to the age of 85 that means he has 62% of his life left and 82% of his adult life left. Why shouldn't the guy be concerned about his long term future with and without football?
    And even if the guy is worth $20m that doesn't mean that a couple million dollars should no longer mean anything. That's still a lot of money!
    Then there is the principle of the thing. Mcnair has been to pro bowls and won an mvp. He has had a great career. Why should he accept the role of a neil odonnell? Just for sentimental sake? Get real.

I give bus cook and steve mcnair a pat on the back because they got exactly what they wanted. As long as steve plays well he can start there for the next 5 years! And his contract averages out at $6.4m a year. Who would have not done the same?

6. jaydog

jaydog Guest

Exactly!

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny...

Reese used a 2nd rd pick on joey kent(1997), a 1st on kevin dyson(1998) and a 2nd on calico(2003). All have been disappointments. Had we done the logical thing and drafted moss in 98 mcnair would have a ring and about 2000-3500 more career yards passing. Hall of fame would be a definite probability. Moss is 8th all time in TD passes and he won't be 30 until feburary.

8. jaydog

jaydog Guest

No NFL player in his right mind will turn down $15M more. Maybe $1M or $2M but $15M. It doesn't happen. Only if that player wants to retire in short order. Mcnair has said he wants to play for another 3 or 4 years.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You honestly think Randy Moss would be the player he is today if he had of been drafted by a Les Steckel offensively led Tennessee Titans?

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

After wanting to retire last year. Was he serious? Or was it a ploy? (as some have suggested)

If he was serious, he is one hard hit away from never playing again.

If it was a ploy then I have serious issues with him. (though I don't believe the conspiracies)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar