McCarthy vs Fokou

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Sep 11, 2013.

?
  1. McCarthy

44.8%
  2. Fokou

55.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

If McCarthy is healthy who do you think should start?

I think McCarthy should start this week if he's healthy hands down. The fact that we had him on the active roster and didnt use him really pisses me off when Hunter was inactive and we could have used him!

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Fokou played really well, I see no reason to reduce his role.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Fokou will start and should start. I voted for him too.

I'm a HUGE C-Mac fan, but the dude can't stay healthy. He couldn't even survive camp. C-Mac might get his chance if Fokou goes down, and if that happens, hopefully he'll play like he did when he took Ruud's spot. But opposite that happening, C-Mac will be remain the back-up.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Why should he remain the back up? If he's healthy he's much better than Fokou.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

McCarthy will never be able to stay healthy. Leave Fokou in there so he can get settled in.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

IDK about that one

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Fokou had a solid day, no reason to reduce his role. He earned his spot, even if it was due to a McCarthy injury. It's his job to lose now .

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Preston should be ahead of Hunter on the depth chart

9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

In theory, he's much better.... In reality, he's never on the field....

Here is a thought. We already have two outside backers who are more speed guys (Ayers and Sack Brown). It makes sense that the guy in the middle should be bigger - we need that beef.

Also, in the short amount of time i've seen Fokou, he's better at shedding blocks. One of the biggest problems with C-Mac is that he would get engulfed and removed from the play by linemen.

You could say now that we have bigger D-linemen (again back to THEORY), CMAC would play better as he'd have more room to run and make plays. BUT again to reality, Fokou is playing extremely well and I would not bench him for a 'theory'..... ESPECIALLY an oft-injured theory...

10. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Agreed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar