McCarthy out, Britt and Cook questionable

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

I keep picturing him throwing the ball at the defender when he hurt his knee and then you picture Mariani with his leg literally broke into two pieces still clutching the ball like his life depended on it and you see that there just doesn't seem to be a mental toughness with Britt that other teammates feed off of and that you want your team to have. The warrior mentality!

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I wouldn't say that. You don't return from the 2 injuries he had within a year without having some balls.

3. damersbrah

damersbrah Special Teams Standout

I hope no one tries to rush back from an injury too soon. Take the time to heal and rehab the right way. This team's future is far more promising and important than it's present anyhow.

4. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

I'd say a more "ballsy" example would be AP, he blew out his knew late in the season and is already pounding out the tough yards without a hitch while Mr. Glassman can't hardly make it through a game with some sort of ailment. Having balls isn't the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Britt, I wish it was but unfortunately it isn't.

5. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

What happened to tough football players? Our players and most of the players in the NFL are a bunch of wimps! Their paid all of this money to play the game, and sit out for weeks after breaking a nail! I understand if they break a bone or tear a ligament, but now they get a small sprain and their out for weeks. It seems like now any slight injury and players are looking for an excuse to ride the bench for 6 weeks!

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

What happens to tough football players?? They foolishly keep playing while seriously injured, and seriously shorten their careers. McNair could have possibly had 2 or 3 more seasons if he weren't so much of a masochist in his playing career. Who knows what a longer playing career would have done to change his personal life, and subsequent death. If he stayed busy with football, he may not have been fooling around with the psychotic 19 year old. He may have avoided that due to the public eye being on him. Just speculation, obviously.

Steve overdid it in his career. He went beyond the level of tough guy, and went into the level of unsafe for your health.

It sucks that his leaving for the ravens and more importantly his murder put a cloud over my memories of him, but it has.

That being said....what good is McCarthy if he's always hurt? Answer is: no good. He hasn't done a whole lot to deserve all the praise. "best defensive player on our team" is not a big honor, and I think verner is the only consistent performer on the defense, even with McCarthy healthy.

8. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

Is this really news? Brittney's entire career has been questionable.

9. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Mariano has loads more heart than Britt

10. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

By the way, I used to just laugh when people called out Eddie for sitting out with turf toe. They would exclaim " it's just a toe"

All I could do was turn and laugh a d then ask them to try running and pushing off without using ur big toe.

You can't push off with the same explosion without your big toe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar