McCarthy challenged by short turnaround

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Playing a Sunday game followed by a Thursday game isn’t an ideal way for a player to return from injury, but Titans linebacker Colin McCarthy is doing everything he can to be ready for Pittsburgh in two days.

McCarthy missed a second straight day of practice on Tuesday while resting his ankle, but still is optimistic about playing against the Steelers.

“Yeah, that’s what I’m shooting for,” McCarthy said. “We’ve still got a day or two left, so I’ll just keep doing treatment on it, and trying to get it where I can get another (game).”

McCarthy suffered a high-ankle sprain in the season opener against New England. He missed the next three contests before returning last week against Minnesota.

“It doesn’t feel 100 percent,” McCarthy said. “But I know I just have to deal with the pain. It’s a short turnaround. I just have to try to get it back to where it feels good enough that I can help the team out.”

It’s been a tough season thus far for McCarthy, who flashed a lot of potential as a playmaker last year.

“High ankle sprains take a while. It’s just frustrating,” McCarthy said. “Coming into this year and having high expectations , our defense playing as well as we did during the preseason … and now letting up as many points as we are, not doing what we want as a defense, and me personally having to deal with this, is not the way I wanted it to go.”

Three other players besides McCarthy – Jake Locker (shoulder), Javon Ringer (knee) and Mike Otto (knee) – missed practice on Tuesday. Defensive end Scott Solomon (hamstring) was limited in practice.

Source: Titans Insider

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar