McCarthy, Britt sit out Monday practice

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Neither linebacker Colin McCarthy (ankle) nor wide receiver Kenny Britt (ankle) practiced for the Titans on Monday, but Titans coach Mike Munchak is optimistic about the chances of both players for Thursday’s quick turnaround game on Thursday.

McCarthy returned to action Sunday for the first time since the season opener and played 60 snaps. He left the game in the fourth quarter, but that move was made more to try to get him ready for the Steelers’ contest.

“He came in, brings that attitude, and made some nice plays early,” Munchak said. “He missed a tackle or two, no doubt, like the rest of us. He’s a little rusty. But again, it was great having him out there. I definitely think he made a difference and hopefully we’ll be able to continue to see that again on Thursday.”

Britt had missed the previous week with the ankle injury and hadn’t practiced leading up to the Minnesota game. But he saw enough improvement to play 28 snaps and make a couple of catches against the Vikings.

“Even with the score the way it was at the end, he was still out there,” Munchak said of Britt. “He didn’t want to come off the field. He wanted to try to help. It wasn’t like, `Oh, it’s over, I may as well try to save myself.’

“The guy wanted to play and make a difference. He caught the last ball of the game. Those are the positives that you want to see from these guys.”

As for other Titans injuries, tackle Mike Otto (knee), quarterback Jake Locker (shoulder) and running back Javon Ringer (knee) did not practice. Safety Jordan Babineaux (knee), linebacker Patrick Bailey (hand), cornerback Ryan Mouton (knee), defensive end Scott Solomon (hamstring) and cornerback Alterraun Verner (thigh) were limited.

Source: Titans Insider

2. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

After bagging on Britt leading up to this Sunday's loss, I gotta eat crow. He got on the field and played for several snaps. Effective or not, he at least didn't sit on the sidelines.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

We just can't catch a break.

#1 QB, #1 WR, #1 LB, #3 CB, #2 RB, #2 S, and #2 CB all hurt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar