McCarthy, Britt miss practice

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans linebacker Colin McCarthy (ankle) did not practice on Thursday, one day after practicing for the first time since the week before the season opener. McCarthy said his ankle “feels all right.” He still hopes to play on Sunday in Minnesota for the first time since Sept. 9, when he was injured against New England.

“I am just trying to get ready to play on Sunday, that is the goal,” McCarthy said. “We have a couple of days here, and that is what we are aiming for. I want to play and think I can help the team.”

The outlook for wide receiver Kenny Britt (ankle) isn’t as good. He hasn’t practiced this week after missing last Sunday’s game against the Texans. He was in uniform and did some limited work before practice.

“We’d like for him to be doing more, and he is not there yet,” coach Mike Munchak said. “He did a little bit more today but not as much as we’d hoped. We need to get him to do more and tomorrow will be a big day to see really where he is at.”

Linebacker Patrick Bailey (hand), defensive end Scott Solomon (hamstring) and guard Steve Hutchinson (day off) did not practice. Munchak said he expects Solomon to practice on Friday.

Source: Titans Insider

2. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I'm hopeful Colin will make the game. I'm also hopeful KB gets cut, screw him, he's a drain on the cap.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We still have cap money to spend, not like KB is strangling the salary cap. Cutting him would be silly, now trading him is another thing.

As for Hutchinson, that dude gets Thursdays off, he's got it made.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Bonky

Cut him, trade him, whatever he's being paid is too much. I'd be amazed if a team would offer anything for him, given his multiple arrests and stamina.

5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Stamina? Explain?

6. Bonky

Poor choice of words, "durability" would be a better fit. I was being a bit loose with the definition, seeing as he has only been able to play in about half the games for health or other reasons.

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

When Britt comes back and starts beasting again I want all of you all to think about what you said.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

There's no denying that Kenny can be a beast when he's healthy and out of trouble but so far it just doesn't seem like he can be the kind of guy your team can count on week in and week out. There's been plenty of "beasts" that just couldn't reach the next level or live up to their full potential for what ever reason and I'm about to the point where I think Britt is going to end up one of those "should have" or "could have" been great" type of players.

Bob Sanders comes to mind, a beast when he was on the field but he just couldn't get on the field enough to make a real difference so where is he now?

9. Bonky

If his history is any indicator, we'll get over that in a few weeks when he's back riding the pine eating sunflower seeds.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

When is he coming back? He's already missed half our games so far this year.

Tell me something, do you think Kenny will play 7 games in 2012?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar