Matt Elam

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by UrbanLegend3, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. He's no where near as bad a tackler as you are making him out to be and most of his flaws are coachable. Also, he's not just a head hunter, he reads the run well and is great in run support which is something we need. I understand your concerns but I just think the specter of Michael Griffin has understandably traumatized a lot of Titans fans. Experts said Zach Brown was allergic to contact and his college tape seemed to indicate they were right yet he still had a hell of a season and we now speak of him as our brightest rising star.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Okay I really like Matt Elam. I've seen a lot of Florida games over the past couple years and he's always a guy that jumps out at you. He'll struggle at first because he relied on his hit power and athleticism at the college level but once he gets that figured out and improves the rest of his game a but he'll be a very good SS for us.

I'm a little confused because this board has been begging for a safety that brings an attitude and not afraid of some contact and here a guy is and people have complaints, legit complaints, but figured everyone would be behind this pick. If he wraps up better and improves his coverage a but he'll be a top 5 SS in a few years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar