Matt Cassel

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nate42104, Dec 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Nobody is defending Schaub because he is the definition of average. The problem with Cassel is he is too much of a system QB who probably wont have the same success elsewhere.

2. Carnevil

Carnevil Camp Fodder

The Pats will and should give some thought to signing Cassel and trading Brady. Cassel has proved to be more than just a backup. They would get a younger qb with no wear on him. Plus get draft picks to get younger on defense. It seems crazy at first to think of letting Brady go but it makes sense. Who knows Brady could be a shell of his former self or Cassel could be a one year wonder.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Players who leave New England get overpaid for what ever reason and have either disappeared or not lived up to their expectations:

Deion Branch signs a six-year, $39 million contract with $13 million in bonuses and other guarantees has done nothing but get hurt in Seattle.

David Givens signs a $24 million, five-year contract, including $8 million guaranteed couldnt even break in his jock strap in Tennessee.

Assante Samuel signs a six-year, $57 million contract that includes $20 guaranteed. Absolutely crazy for a guy who had one double digit int. season out of 6.

Donte Stallworth signed a 7 year $35 million contract includes $10mil guaranteed. Had a decent year in NE but pulls a hammy every year

Based on what we've seen it wont surprise me if Cassel breaks the bank somewhere

4. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Ok, I this might be a stupid post, but I am buying into the Cassel Hype. I want him as our QB. He has so much untapped potential it is scary. True he has good WR, but I think he would make our WR look great and our RB would make him look good. I would love for us to make an offer, however, I am 99% sure it wont happen and the 1% is made up of hope.

Ok, I am dont being stupid.

5. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

i have two words: Derek Anderson :rolleyes:

6. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Even Vince????:brow:

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Absolutely set for next year. Kerry, vince and simms. Vince's cap hit doubles in 2010 so that is when we might decide to trade or relaease him if we feel he is not our longterm guy.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I want somebody to tell me how matt cassel's 89 passing rating playing with a great line and 2 pro bowl WRs is better than our QBs 81 rating with our WR?

And what kind of cap hit do we want to take for a guy like that? $10M a year?

I think he will get more than schaub. Schaub signed a deal as a condition of a trade he was not accepting the best offers from 5 different teams. Somebody out there(lions) will pay him $10M because that is what a high first rd pick would make.

9. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

If Kerry is our guy in 2009 moving forward, why is Vince even on the roster? You don't pay a guy this kind of $ to sit the bench. We're not talking about 30-year retirees at GM, we're talking about guys that last 6-10 years in the league and being paid on the FRONT end. There is no time to wait for these guys anymore with their contracts. Would another team in need of a QB even give Vince a shot? If so, for what price? If there is interest, does he have any trade value?

If Cassel demands $10m a year, we must pass on him...if he's a $5m guy, I think that's a price we can afford. And, would someone like him go to a team like TN at a discount to potentially build a dynasty? This team needs a mistake free QB at a bargain basement price in order to maintain all-pro talent at other positions.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Cassel = System QB. Just like Brady is. And I like Tom Brady, but that's just how it is. Vince would be a good passer in that system. New England has this thing I like to call...coaching. With coaching, you can plug pretty much any decent player in and they will do well.
    Our team relies on talent. Only talent. Our star goes out, and our hopes are gone. Their star goes out and another one is born. It's not a coincidence.
    And that's not a knock on Fisher. Fisher is an ok coach. There just aren't many coaches like the one NE was lucky enough to land.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar