Mathis signs five-year, $30 million extension with Colts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Some pony fans are saying that Freeney is a product of the system and wouldn't necessarily be effective in other defensive schemes.

Sounds to me like they are trying to justify a silly notion that Freeney would accept a lesser deal to stay in Indy.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

and i would say they're talking about robert mathis.

3. TommyTitan

TommyTitan Guest

I would say that Freeney and KVB together would have Mr. Manning talking about his offensive line play a lot more after palying the Tians. They could be a quarterback's nightmare. I say bring him on and join his former teammate on defense. I like it!!

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Remember the Schwartz effect.

No matter how much talent their is on D Schwartz will find a way to de-nut them and have them playing like little scared girly men.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I hope this year he's able to admit that he's wrong and let us tear loose after Manning. We need to pressure him. We're not going to get anywhere otherwise.

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Do these guys have the same cap figures as the rest of the NFL? Where are they finding all this money? Sounds like the Colts are going to have a Yard Sale of their players after the 2006 season.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Last year a fluke?

Mathis has had two straight double digit sack seasons so i doubt that it was. My guess is that they assume freeney will be gone next year so they wanted to sew this guy up for the long term. They didn't draft any DEs so they will have to fill the void next year.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

fact is, they gave $30 mil to a guy who is nothing more than a situational pass rusher. he isnt even a starter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar