Mark Barron

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Alex1939, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

The last thing we need playing in the playoffs against guys like Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown, etc. is stiff hipped safeties.

I have no honest opinion on Barron, but I'd like to think the S we look at our pick up is a guy who can be the last line of defense against almost ANY receiver.

Part of the reason why I want Tommie at FS. Despite a bit of natural stiffness with his height, his speed is incredible.

We can't just prepare to play our schedule, we have to start preparing our team to beat our conference leaders if we want to make it through the playoffs. That includes having plans for burner-type WRs.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Markelle Martin gets good hits. Plays aggressive. Not the best cover skills. Weak safety class could mean waiting til the later rounds being very risky.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

If he can play it, I'm sure our coaches are looking at the possibility. Not seeing him one on one with a TE or WR makes it very hard to start laying out possible position changes. Campbell hopefully comes up big for us, I agree.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Yeah Markelle Martin don't impress me at all. I didn't even know OSU played defense at all.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The days of an in box SS who is basically a smallish LB are long gone. The trend is more to having two guys that more like a FS. My fear with Barron is he would be more like Tank Williams. Not bad if you are drafting in the early 2000s. But now we actually need another guy like Griff who can be a little more physical at SS. Actually Babs is a pretty good SS IMO. In the past the SS could be depended on to stay with TEs in man coverage. But now there are basically big WRs at TE who can run right by a guy ho is a little slow and has stiff hips. The other thing is if we do play some cover 2 you want both Ss to cover half the deep zone.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Exactly. We never criticized Hope for not making a tackle, we basically hated him because he couldn't cover.

7. FLA Titans Fan

FLA Titans Fan The GM

Thats how I see it. If the safety class is weak then we should go for Barron at 20. I think Barron is not just a box safety. He can play both free and strong. He has incredible range, being 225 and the ablilty to play center field makes him IMO worth a first round pick not to mention he hits like a Mike backer.

If we drafted Barron n resigned Griff Id be pretty pumped. Im not sure what finny wants but locking up both him n Griff would be perfect veteran leadership in the secondary for years to come.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I don't know if I'd ever put the words "Leader" and "Griffin" in the same sentence. Griffin is the ultimate front-runner. When things are going well he usually plays pretty well. When things aren't going well he goes in the tank.

9. FLA Titans Fan

FLA Titans Fan The GM

Yeah I agree but Griff knows the defense now and is a smart player who can help coach up a young talented safety like Barron. Finny on the other hand is a team captain and a solid leader. I have faith in the young linebackers. I think they have meshed together. add some pass rush to the front four n our D is back to the old ways

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Okay Barron wasn't just a box SS he's also pretty good in coverage too and played some FS during his time at Bama too. Just because he's big doesn't mean he can't play well in coverage.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TnM7CIHATw"]Mark Barron Highlights 2011 [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar