Mariota's Ceiling Heading Into the Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Apr 30, 2019.

?

Will Mariota retire after this season?

This poll will close on Aug 28, 2029 at 4:43 PM.
  1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    68.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

But shouldn’t that tell you something? Lol. They brought MANY pieces in. So what you’re saying is, is that Lewan, Conklin, (now potentially Saffold, Nate Davis) Kelly, Lewis, Henry, Murray, Taylor, C. Davis, Matthews, Jonnu Smith, multiple coordinators and coaches, all suck and Mariota is great lol. I don’t buy that. He is at fault as well. Pedestrian stats, inconsistency, injury, all apparent. We went 8-8 and 9-7 and he didn’t even start them all. So that is so called “winning” dominantly. Here’s one....Unknown quarterback comes in and STAYS HEALTHY and consistent...unknown takes chances and shots downfield. Unknown quarterback elevates those around him...Josh Rosen was an unknown and matched him with garbage....Mayfield surpassed him his first year...It’s rolling the dice for sure, I get it, but don’t sit here and act like replacing Mariota is so terrible. I could care less about beating some playoff teams in the regular season. Get me to the playoffs often, beat teams you’re supposed to beat, stay healthy. What a crock of crap. Lol

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I’m fine with game management. He doesn’t have to be Rodgers....I will get behind him 100%...but our problem is health and inconsistency...and no coordinator, amount of players brought in thus far, has fixed it. He had 1 good year and 1 playoff appearance. He has great moments, but yes, I expect more out of a dude drafted #2 that wants a big payday. Like him or hate him, he is on notice.

3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Let me throw another important stat your way fellas...Our defense only allowed 18.9 points a game. They also only allowed 303 yards per game. Both top of the league. You think we end up with a winning record without that? 8-8/9-7?

4. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

I think you are mistaking quantity for quality.

On top of a new coordinator almost every year they have all been complete ass.

Aside from LeFleur somehow riding McVay's coat tails to a HC job... None of them have exactly left here and started tearing it up somewhere else.

Same goes for players. There was a time Tajae Sharpe was our top option. I dont expect that guy to go be the next Randy Moss after he gets cut in TC. Do you?

5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Don’t bring back bad memories lol....No, I do not, but we have seen plenty of football from him to know what he is. To act like we haven’t is silly. Legit these same conversations took place last year, and it was a dud. This offense is terrible man, and it all starts with the QB. Hate it or not, that’s the dude with the ball, and we were one sided. There is a pattern going on, and I sure hope that ends...I really hope this is the year brother, trust me. I’m pumped to see our squad and I think Brown will be a great addition and free up Taylor more, as will Humphries.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Dude. You. You have been complaining about Conklin’s lack of production. Go back and read your own comments.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

No, when you make ridiculous comments as I highlighted (saying that people on this board were saying that the only excuse for Mariota last year was he had bad receivers). This is trolling, man! And when you repeat stuff you know isn't true...that's not better for this board because all your doing is repeating nonsense and using language that doesn't belong on this board. You know better!

Why? I have criticized Mariota to. Am I a hater? No. I call it like it is and hold all of the players accountable for their actions. And it's not about criticizing Mariota or not - which you are implying it is (saying silly things like anyone not singing his praises are haters). It's about what is he responsible for and what he isn't. I'm not seeing any comments about how awesome you think our OL was last year.

I have no problem with this. I'm less skeptical than you are but he has the help around him to do it and he has to take that next step or he's gone. Tuck thinks he needs to have two back to back years of production so even if he's awesome this year, he wouldn't re-sign him. I have no problem with this. You set your own bar and see if he makes it.

Me too!!! Let's hope for an awesome season!

• High Five High Five x 2
    • WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I genuinely feel like our line isn’t as bad as it showed. Could it be better? Sure...but I think it’s a mix of style with scheme and Mariota indecision that makes it work. 11 sack game and some of those solely on him. I’m absolutely fine with both sides, and if I come across as a hater, I genuinely apologize, but I’m over wearing rose colored glasses. I need to see it; and I better not hear jack crap for excuses after what this team did this offseason. The time is now my friend. :)

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Better go ahead and print you some of these out

[​IMG]

titans are coming for that wildcard berth!

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Oh are these for Mariota? Genius hahahahahah ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar