Mariota "progressed" in 2017

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Feb 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wingman

Wingman Starter

also he had the least amount of fumbles by starting qb. O

• LOL LOL x 1
    • WTF?! WTF?! x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Wingman

Wingman Starter

True, but no offseason due to injury and mid season injury played a role. But can't wait till next yr

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah. The world with reality....

You guys are the unreasonable homers.

You're the same people I had to tell EG was washed up for yrs before you finally realized. You're the same people I had to say McNair was done before you finally realized. You're the same people that I had to tell Chris Johnson was a bum before you finally realized. Jake Locker. Over... and over... and over again. A list of players. You're the same people that compare random WR draft picks to Randy Moss, then get heartbroken when they play to their actual potential and never realize it was your imagination that ruined the guy for you.

Why?

Because you attach yourself as fans and can't analyze fairly. You think with emotion.

I like the guy too. But I'm not going to lie to myself.

It's 2018. Mariota was a bad qb this pas season. No one can argue that. Blame whoever you need to blame- but coaches weren't throwing it to wide open DBs.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

A stat you'll never hear anyone say about a QB unless they're completely desperate.

Yikes.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I don't think you know who you're crying to

You told me nothing about Eddie, CJ or anyone

You're just wrong about Mariota. Why do you have to set yourself up to look foolish on this ?

And FTR I led the cut Chris Johnson squad, no one was happier to see him leave than me. You don't know what you're claiming

#75 JCBRAVE, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I think you jumped the gun saying EG was washed up "for years" before he was gone. His last year in Tennessee was a 1K season, not great and understandable to use as the washed up season. Just the year before he had 1100 yards and 12 TD, that's "not washed up".

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. tOSU Titan

tOSU Titan Starter

To add to Hurray:
    Mcnairs last season in Tennessee he had over 3000+ yds and 16 tds in 14 games. "Washed up" hell no, a step back from MVP of the league maybe. (Another 3k 16 td season the next year in Bmore too.)
    It must be nice to just make **** up to try and be right. Typical Michigan Man

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

It's easy to be right after the fact.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. HurrayTitans!

Except if said E.G. Was washed up "for years" before he left Tennessee, he wasn't right. Or he just says every player is washed up after a couple seasons and eventually he'd be right.

10. HurrayTitans!

NFL Career Passing Touchdown/Interception Ratio Leaders | The Football Database

If MM had 1500 attempts (he's at 1274) he'd be the 24th best TD:INT ratio in NFL history. (Using current %, he would throw 10:6 in the next 226 passes.)

Why this is a dumb totally defining stat? He'd be behind Neil O'Donnell, Jeff Garcia and Andy Dalton. Is he worse than those guys?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar