Mariota, McNair - Same Heart?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PassTitansPass, Jan 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PassTitansPass

PassTitansPass Starter

Every piece yesterday contributed to an amazing upset win. The second half defense, assuming they can play like that throughout the remaining games, would be hard to get by. But still, we saw something from Mariota that was years in the making. He owned it, in spite of the fact that it looked grim. And rather then give up, he inspired his team to make plays. It was long in the making, but he fulfilled his role as leader of this team. Win or lose, his maturation bodes well for the future.

• High Five High Five x 5
  2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Always do

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. 615nick

615nick Starter

Mm def showed he has guts. He and henry stepped up in a huge way and did remind me a bit of eddie and steve. They have a ways to go, but I think that game gave both players a ton of confidence and these guys are going to start trending upwards fast.

4. PassTitansPass

PassTitansPass Starter

If the Titans can somehow make it past NE/Pitt, it changes everything. Our small market team becomes relevant again. More free agent players will want to come - media focus (woefully gone for the last 9 years) will help. Hoping we can become that cinderella team that doesn't run out of miracles.

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. Up_KD

Up_KD Starter

Rewatched the second half this morning and it's still incredible. I think I read somewhere that we went 7-7 on 3rd downs? Insane

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. 12th Titan

12th Titan Starter

A wise.man once told me this:

Everybody's got a butt-hole.
    Everybody craps.
    Everybody's crap stinks the same.

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

That's actual Hawaiian pidgin.

8. Doc

Doc Pro Bowler

I thought jar jar was from Naboo not Honolulu.

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

McNair played with heart every snap. We’ve seen Mariota play with the same heart for 2 plays in 2 consecutive weeks.

Don’t get ahead of yourselves

10. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

Grouping all "white people" into a single stereotype that only sees people as black or white is ridiculous and is like the kettle calling the pot black.

There are plenty of ethnicities that are darker in skin but not of African decent and not considered "black".

I was just pointing out that Mariota is not African American like McNair. He is Samoan and German.

And at the end of the day I don't care if he's purple with green stripes, if he keeps playing like he did yesterday and can lead us to the promised land he's a God in my eyes...lol!

#40 Titansman1, Jan 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar