Mariota low balled in NFL.com QB rankings

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jun 27, 2017.

?
  1. 6th

8.0%
  2. 7th

6.0%
  3. 8th

18.0%
  4. 9th

12.0%
  5. 10th

16.0%
  6. 11th

18.0%
  7. 12th

10.0%
  8. 13th

12.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'd love for you to actually cite why Mariota is better than any of them...

outside of "I LIKE HIM!!!"

Floor is yours...

2. Deuce Wayne

Both are still better. We can't ignore years of stellar play because a guy had an OK year.

Why don't the Titans trust Mariota to throw as much?

'Ota was more a game-manager than pass threat. Teams planned to stop the run. Vs those guys, where they plan to stop the pass first. Mariota isn't that kind of threat yet.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  3. Deuce Wayne

*Titans fan.

But it's basically the same thing.

4. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

My thing is not saying that I can't put Dak over Mariota isnt purely biased. It's also not related to stats. I mean Andy Dalton should be carrying AJ Greens shoulder pads in practice everyday. My point is, Dak has what people are saying is the best OL in the game, probably the best RB right now (at worse the #2 runner), as well as Dez probably a top 5 WR. Not too mention a HoF TE.

Yes the Titans were better last year but the lack of permiter preference hurt us last year. The TD - INT can be accounted for by having better WRs as well as higher completion rate. Not too mention that as great as Demarco has been for us he is clearly no Zeek. I'm saying it's not all apples to apples. Not too mention the difference in Coaching. It's a reason Whiz and nearly his entire staff was fired.

To your point, if you go back on year to Mariota's rookie year it gets worse regarding stat line comparison. In my eyes it should be worse. In Mariota's rookie season, he was surrounded by probably the worse team in the NFL. Only team whose roster compared to ours was the Browns and I'd honestly say they had better talent than the Titans during Mariota rookie season.

Did Dak have a great year absolutely! I'll be the first to admit that. Is he a better player than Mariota? I personally say no. Will he have better numbers than Mariota? I think this upcoming year is a better testament to that as the Titans improved the perimeter players this off-season.

I also look at good QBs make players around them better. I think Mariota made the poor Titans WRs look better than they were. So I give Mariota the edge here. However, it's tough to say that Dak lifts his team up at this point in his career with the talent he has around him.

That's not to say he can't. I'm just saying he wasn't asked to do it last year except for one game I can think of particularly. He also threw 3TDs that game. So he definitely may can do it.

5. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

This is nonsense and you know it.
    The lack of trust was not in Mariota but in our wide receivers. We heard this all season long.

6. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Cute little break down here. You've obviously been shown up by othwe posters about this breakdown already but I'll add to it:

Palmer is bette than Marcus in 1 category (which is inflated to to pass attempts) and Marcus is better than Palmer in 2 categories. Doesn't that make MM the better QB? According to your breakdown?

Should we talk about how he and Eli are tied according to your breakdown?

lol you are so smart you posted a breakdown which disproves your argument... man everyone can learn from you!!

The guy who claims he's the smartest in the room, is never actually the guy who is the smartest in the room.

7. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

I'd say Mariota is right around 10-12 which is amazing considering the lack of weapons he has had the past several seasons. If the NFL had a d- league this is what a WRs corps would look like
    - DGB(WR1)
    -Sharpe(WR2)
    -Douglas (Slot)
    -Hunter (WR4)
    - Wright (IR)

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. Deuce Wayne

lol broken down by other posters with their opinions? The only actual rebuttal was mentioning pass attempts- still doesn't help much. When your only argument is hypothetical.... not much of an argument.

No. Because again- and stay with me here- but their stats are similar- while one has MUCH better credentials. One has lead a team to a Super Bowl. One has set many records. The other has not.

See... problem here is that you guys only think in two terms:

1. YAY MARCUS WEARS BLUE SO HE BAE!!

2. "IF... IF... IF... IF we only take this small sample... IF...IF he had the same team" etc.

Which again... since similar- you would naturally take the guy that's won 2 Super Bowls, and has set NFL records... No?

Nah. Forget that. Take your favorite. That's how this works. I forget.

No.

What you guys SHOULD be considering is why the guy you're claiming is so great only measures up with pretty average QBs (at this point) like Palmer and Eli Manning.

But that'd actually require you to distance yourself from your heart and use your brain. I don't want anyone to get hurt.

9. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

But you keep bringing up what they did in the past when they were at their best. So obviously you didn't feel confident comparing ELI and Palmer as they are right now. You're such a firm believer in stats Mariota was ranked 12th in the league in total QBR. Palmer was 18th and ELI was 27th. But I don't judge solely on stats. It's the traits I see out on the field.

10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Proof you really don't pay attention, just trolling

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar