Mariota just isn’t the guy.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TT4L1, Dec 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

Funny thing is I’ve been saying Mariota may not be the guy since week one and most Titans fans thought I was crazy . Now ? Not so much ... but I will say this I do respect Mariota for coming out and putting all the blame on his shoulders( not all of this is on him) lots of qbs would question coaching, blame receivers etc but Mariota has been a stand up guy and taking all the blame .

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

Here’s the biggest question does the coaching staff not open up the game plan because they still don’t trust Mariota to make good decisions and accurate passes deep ?? Seems like we try too many gadget plays like we are always trying to make up for our bad offense and have no confidence that we can just run a straight forward game plan and beat teams with our offense straight up ...

3. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

someone said something about "only scoring 7 pts" and before the last game it wasn't since 2015

4. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

I said seven because that was just the latest. We can never seem to put teams away and it is largely based on lack of offensive production.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

lol

• High Five High Five x 5
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This thread is why it's best to ignore post game threads

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

M8 missed a wide open Davis for a TD and threw into coverage for the pick. He still scares me, but i keep hoping it will all click soon and he's finally a quality QB we have needed for years. He's got the talent but needs the brains.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Freezing cold take

9. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Was that all Marcus though? I think the other pass where he overthrew Davis wide open is the uglier throw, more so than that pick he threw in double coverage

10. Apcgamb24

Apcgamb24 Starter

Mariota is an elite intermediate passer but absolutely awful deep thrower. This is why we need a new OC who can actually develop him. I haven't seen much improvement in Mariota since his rookie year. He's basically developing himself and calling plays on his own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar