Mariota just isn’t the guy.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TT4L1, Dec 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I think he is getting plenty of criticism from this board, the media, himself, etc.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I agree. The thing that is disturbing, is that the entire offense seems to be moving backwards, not just Mariota, but clearly including him. That’s what makes me want to push our coaching staff down the stairs.

3. Apcgamb24

Apcgamb24 Starter

I'm not worried about his counting stats this year. PFF ranked him the 7th best QB coming into the AZ game much of it because he's thrown one of the lowest number of interceptable passes - he'e just been getting extremely unlucky that most of them have been intercepted by the defense. He's also ran for 5 TD and thrown about 4-5 TD that were dropped or negated, so the TD rate is not a huge concern for me.

The real concern is how out of sync he is with the receivers. I don't know if it's the playcalling, receivers running slow routes and not getting separation, or just Mariota regressing, but it's been appalling how it takes a miracle for the offense to get above a 15 yard pass play. And probably half his picks have come from either him or the receiver making a mistake on the route, clearly not being in sync.

4. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

The entire offense looks bad. O Line all a sudden can't block for running and pass protection has been so so. RBs are struggling and wrs all look bad. Entire offense regressing faster than Robiskie brain cells.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Lowest number of interceptable passes or lowest percentage? Because he's also throwing less than any other QB who hasn't been injured or lost his job. And yet he's still 2nd in the league in INTs, only behind the god awful rookie Kizer. I'm not sure I can write that off as just being unlucky.

6. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

It certainly doesn't help when there's only to guys running routes and he has nowhere else to throw the ball.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

He has sucked this year, not much other way to frame it.

8. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

it was also the 1st time since 2015, so i dont think its a reoccurring problem.

9. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

There is plenty of blame to share. Murray looked slow again. We lose Lewan and fall apart, because all we have is Kelly. Teams like NE lose 5 starters and you wouldn't know it. As good as the D played they still needed more 3 and outs.

Now for M8. I think he was concussed on that run. At times he was so accurate I was in shock. But that's not the problem. His decisions are just so wrong. 3rd and 2, we have trips left and only one defender up and one 8 yards back. He throws to the right and we lose yards. He stares down Davis for 3 seconds and is totally covered, yet throws it anyway. Several times he threw to receivers and got them lit up. At times he just gives up on 3rd and throws a 3 yard pass because the guy is open, but no hope of getting a 1st down, including the last play of the game. His decision making is just incredibly bad. By the time he realizes the pocket is gone it's too late. He is a deer on the head lights right now, and even he knows it. We need a proven commodity, instead of another project at QB. I bet it's too late for getting Nick Foles for next year now that Wentz is out. If Lewan stays out we may not win another game.

10. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

What was the first time? MM8 hasnt looked good in alot of games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar