Mariota just isn’t the guy.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TT4L1, Dec 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

I dont understand thus line of thinking. Surely you dont think scoring 7 points to 5-7 teams is good enough

2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

You're delusional...lost to AZ, needed OT to beat a winless Browns team, got best bad by Pitt and Houston.

Jags will win the division and rightfully so. This staff is ruining Mariota, Davis and Henry...the core of what this teams future should be.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

You're delusional...we lost to AZ, needed OT to beat a winless Browns team, got beat bad by Pitt and Houston.

Jags will win the division and rightfully so. This staff is ruining Mariota, Davis and Henry...the core of what this teams future should be.

4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

You're delusional...we lost to AZ, needed OT to beat a winless Browns team, got beat bad by Pitt and Houston.

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Nothing I said is delusional, and nothing you said negates my argument. If they make the playoffs they are ready for the playoffs and earned their spot, there is no argument against that.

#145 dg1979us, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    • High Five High Five x 1
  6. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Coaches are supposed to do this thing called “coaching” where they make the players better

Crazy concept I know...but that’s really what’s supposed to happen. When not only Mariota but everyone on o is regressing...points to improper coaching

• High Five High Five x 4
  7. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

coaching is garbage but mariota is doing absolutely nothing. he looks horrible. coaching has nothing to do with overthrowing receivers.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

NFL on Yahoo! Sports - News, Scores, Standings, Rumors, Fantasy Games

Just click that link and see where our boy Flota ranks in key stats like QB Rating, TDs and INTs. It's funny how everyone around here makes fun of Bortles yet he's been significantly better than Flota, with less talent around him. Hell, even Jacoby friggin Brissett has been better than Flota. Hundley and Trubisky both have better QB ratings as well.

Judging purely by the stats, Mariota has been the worst QB in the NFL who didn't lose his job at some point during the season. Yeah, coaching obviously isn't helping. But you can't absolve Mariota from a good chunk of the blame either. Too many people around here are still wearing the two tone blue blinders because they so badly do not want to admit that he may not be the answer.

9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Looking at your example, look at Bortles stats with the old coaching regime and now with a significantly better coach. Coincidence?

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

No. Better coaching helps. I basically said that in my post by saying our staff isn't helping the situation. My point was though, when your QB is statistically the worst starting QB in the league there's plenty of blame to go around. And a good portion of that blame certainly must fall on the QB himself.

I'm not saying we should give up on Mariota. Not yet anyway. But the lengths some people around here will go to in order to shield him from any criticism whatsoever is a bit ridiculous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar