Mariota is going to...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JustAFan, Jul 6, 2018.

?

Will Mariota play better or worse in 2018

Poll closed Jul 20, 2018.
  1. Lots better (last year was the fault of the offensive scheme)

39 vote(s)
    54.2%
  2. A little better (last year was partially the fault of the offensive scheme)

30 vote(s)
    41.7%
  3. About the same . (Mariota is a mediocre QB)

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  4. A little worse (Mariota is over rated)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. A lot worse (Mariota will be exposed for the sucky QB he is)

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

In today's NFL he would have got a 1 year 20 million dollar deal.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

And go take a look at McNairs stats after 3 year. He had only started one season and it wasn’t good. Then he really wasn’t that good the next year or so. If we had McNair right now in year three, people would be ****ting bricks. But now he is a legend and hero. I know the game has changed, but for his three year tenure Marcus has been solid to good with moments of brilliance. Pretty sure his ceiling is higher than McNairs..:

3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Without question, he will be our best franchise QB hands down.

4. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I'd prefer to see 4,000 yards over some crazy TD/INT ratio and low yardage like Wentz had last year and Foles had a few years ago. Mariota has always been good at scoring TDs and limiting INTs, almost scary good, and that trait has carried over into the NFL for the most part, considering his circumstances. 2017 was clearly the outlier. I just want to see him combine that with an ability to carry the offense, and develop his pocket awareness so that we will see more of his athletic ability via scrambling and his throw on the run ability , which is actually quite good

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

Well if you mean Titans only I definitely think he has the potential. I think it would be pretty tough to overcome Warren Moon...who is truly this Franchises greatness quarterback. And it isn’t close

6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Moon's first 5 years were pretty mediocre

7. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Offensive coordinator-wack, Demarco Murray-wack, Corey being hurt-wack, Erik Decker-wack.

Mariotas gonna be dope af

• LOL LOL x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Some may argue Dan Pastorini, then I saw him start making posts here. Dude was clearly out of his mind and rode Earl Campbell.

George Blanda as the other but the era definitely changed and Moon was a monster.

As a Titan, Mariota only has to pass McNair, I think he will easily. Hopefully he also pushes Hasselbeck off the Titans single season leaders too.

9. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I suppose his first 5 years were destroying the CFL, 4 championships in those 5 years.

Then on the Oilers he came to a bad team, got some weapons and in just a couple years was the key to an unstoppable offense.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

As I remember it, Volek had an amazing deep ball and Hail Mary'd his way to high scores, but only against weak defenses (see MNF Dec 12 2004). He was not cut out for Chow's WC offense (and neither was anyone else on the team). But I liked Volek, as did Mason and Bennett...and Fisher's treatment of him was, to me, the first really big red flag that Fish was reaching his point of incompetence. Following seasons proved that Volek was right about Chow all along.
    Also, another big plus for Volek was how he refused to stoop when Fish threw him under the bus. "I am very sorry that Coach Fisher feels that way. The Tennessee Titans have been very good to me, and I am grateful."

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar