Mariota before he couldn't feel his fingers....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Sep 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Say it another way- a franchise QB has to make that throw 10/10 times.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Exactly. He had a couple of decent balls (the corner blitz) but far too many that had too much air under them or was behind the receiver.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Up_KD

Up_KD Starter

He threw both picks after the injury, correct?

We're in trouble starting an injured QB or Gabbert against the defenses coming up.... Texans, Jags, and Eagles

4. WV2SoCalTitan

WV2SoCalTitan Starter

I think this played a part in the throw, Stocker dropped several balls during camp. Just like playing catch with kids, if they can't catch you tend to throw it up softly to give them a better chance. Mariota saw him wide open and didn't want him to drop it.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  5. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

I hope MM8 gets over this injury quick. Regardless of what you think about MM8, we all know that Gabbert isnt a franchise QB. We need to ride the Mariota train all the way to the end of the season and sort this out once and for all!

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

Kuharsky says Mariota is for sure playing this next week

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

how can that be possible, he is the softest player ever?

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  8. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

That's very good news as long as he is 100%. This team has A LOT of things to improve on. I get the feeling this year is no longer about trying to make a run; it's about getting a large enough sample size to see if Mariota is worth extending long term for big bucks next summer, or if they need to see what he does in his 5th year and draft a QB early.

He looked okay before the first delay, and conditions sucked. And it'll take some time for the system to gel. But his ball placement and accuracy should have been better than it was. As for the under thrown ball to Stocker; I was annoyed but I honestly don't think he'd of even caught it if Mariota led him like he would have for say, Walker.

That brings me to Walker, **** his year is done. Smith needs to step up big time. And even still, it's a massive blow to this O. Add Lewan with a concussion, Conklin still out, gonna be a tough couple weeks.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

Y'all missing another terrible throw to Davis. Early on there was a crossing route where Davis had to completely stop and reach behind him to catch the ball. Forced his momentum to move back toward the trailing defender instead of away from him. Davis had a big lane to get RAC and instead was tackled immediately because Mariota couldn't put the ball where it needed to be.

Mariota really impressed me with that corner blitz read but as usual, with him it's one step forward, two steps back.

10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Watson played like crap
    Mahomes played great
    Mariota played poorly

It happens, he's our QB so I'm hoping he figures it out

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar