Mariota 2019 (all tings Mariota)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by XO, Sep 15, 2019.

?
  1. Yes; Mariota will turn it around and earn the new contract that’s coming

20.0%
  2. No; Mariota is done here and we need to move on.

80.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

Mariota was never the same after his broken leg in his sophomore season. Up until then it really looked like we had finally landed our guy.

He was having a really good season for a second year QB. But unfortunately that was the beginning of his downfall. He’d show little moments that would fool us all into thinking he had turned the corner but now it’s obvious that isn’t going to happen so time to move on.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  2. SenorMariota

SenorMariota Rookie

Titanfenatic said:. "People have a hard time separating the person from the player. He came here made his mark but unfortunately it didn’t work out. Consistency, availability, and productivity are the 3 things you need to succeed in this league and he was lacking in all 3. It is what it is."

Well if that is the case then I don't understand this game. Could a greenhorn OC have anything to do with Mariota's so-called regression? It's a known fact that even the greatest QBs will lack in all three of the areas you mentioned if they had an OC that was incapable of outwitting a defense. You're obviously comparing Mariota to Tannehill as well.

Well let me remind you that the Titans did not beat the chargers, the chargers were their own worst enemy. If it were not for the defense against the bucs turning three drives into field goals and forcing three more drives into turnovers the Titans would have lost that game too. Of course we seen what the panthers did to the offense in the first half and how they held the Titans to just one TD drive the entire game. Sure Tannehill has thrown for a lot of yards but he did that at Miami too but all that is meaningless if you can’t get into the end zone.

Your analysis of Mariota’s performance is not accurate. There’s a lot of facets to this game and we haven’t really seen anything from Tannehill yet that compares to the many strengths Mariota has. He is trying hard to succeed and it appears he’s completing some passes but he’s no better at moving this offense. Mariota would be more qualified, more proficient at staging a divisional comeback. Actually this is no time in the season to be testing out a new QB, it's dumb.

The Titans were 2-3 when Vrabel benched Mariota. They are now 4-5 under Tannehill. He's one loss away from tying Mariota's record. By all rights the Titans should be 2-7 under Tannehill. There is no drastic improvement with this offense since Tannehill took over, it’s the same dreary, dreadful crud. Those are the facts and you should be telling it as it is. I think you should look at Vrabel and Smith and that goofy GM before you cast Mariota to the dogs. Mariota is really the only one worth keeping.

The idea is what can this team do to get better? There is only one thing to do and that is fire the GM. Vrabel and Smith should begin their coaching careers at the high school level and work their way up. The NFL is no place to learn and grow and this organization should have known that. Instead I’ve wasted my time rooting for this Duckawful team only to watch some greenhorn coach appointed by the GM ruin Mariota as a quarterback with his internal dysfunction and carousel-like coaching changes. Yeah I’m thru trying to convey the truth to Mariota haters and although I support the players I cannot support this franchise.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Vorsutus

Vorsutus Starter

When was the last time you would call mariota mobile? 2016? Maybe 2017?

4. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

God no. Senor mariota deserves mocking. Hell, I called him a Mary schlong holster myself. I've bs rated that guy at lest 20 times. Thing we have a misunderstanding.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

So you’re admitting that troll got you at least 20 Times lolol

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. RTH

RTH Meh...

Probably... you BS'd me instead of him. Lol.

7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

The thirst is real on here lol...This team has consistently built around Mariota via draft, FA, trade, etc...Dude keeps getting worse while the team gets better. Nobody plays well around him because he sucks as a pure passer, bad vision, bad instinct in the pocket, and he is afraid to let his receivers go get it. He looks like an abused dog in the pocket. He’s never been more than a .500 QB. I don’t want a QB with a highlight reel of blocks and stiff arms. He has had some great moments, but there is a damn good reason that he is riding the pine, and his lack of development and production warrants it. Year 5. Chit or get off the pot.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Titan4Ever

Titan4Ever Rookie

The offense is just as bad if not worse with tanny at qb

9. El Guapo

El Guapo Starter

Vrabel scapegoated Mariota because his arrogance leads him to believe his coaching staff is competent and it couldn't possibly be them thats the problem. Tranny was supposed to be the "all spark" but he's just been the same ****ing loser from Miami. I really only watch for the Defense now and it's a shame their HC is a coward who cant be accountable. Mariota is missed fgs away from having a 4-2 record.

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  10. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Pretty decent vid about what happened with MM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar