Mariota 2019 (all tings Mariota)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by XO, Sep 15, 2019.

?
  1. Yes; Mariota will turn it around and earn the new contract that’s coming

20.0%
  2. No; Mariota is done here and we need to move on.

80.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

If the QB can flawlessly read what every defensive player does through multiple progressions and with no missed assignments a play "always" works.

Brilliant. Nobel worthy, even.

2. SenorMariota

SenorMariota Rookie

Rwill said: "Defense calls for a blitz, Mariota can't read the defense or see the blitz. Mariota runs right into the blitz. Down over."

No, because the blocking will be reinforced on the right side. No one will be allowed to penetrate except the LOLB or a safety when they leave the TE unattended. A little shuttle pass and he's gone. If they do the smart thing and cover the RE then there is nobody to cover Mariota. He's got the entire right side of the field to pass or run.

(3) wide outs need to be covered. That leaves 8 around the line of scrimmage. The play is going to the right so the DLT, DRT & RE are out of the play. They also need to put a man on the HB and TE so that leaves a total of 3 to blitz. LDE, Safety, MLB that's it. As I explained in my other post they are all impeded except the Safety. This player will lose no matter what he does. If he converges he leaves the RE uncovered. Same thing with the DBs covering the wideouts to the right. Also a blitz would first need to come from the defensive left side out or they'll be on the wrong side of center. If the safety is up on the line and blitzes, the TE will be open because the RT impedes the LOLB. The Safety gets burned.

Nothing that the defense does will work against this play. It cannot be stopped. With a QB like Mariota it would work to perfection. He would have boo koo yards rushing. The key is to sprint back diagonally to the right and it's all over.

A pass fake to the HB freezes the LBs to the middle left leaving a wide open QB to run. A pass fake to the RE or WRs on the right means more yards in the stat column. It means tricked if you do and tricked if you don't. You got them by the balls, This is an offense that plays to Mariota's strengths. It is how he played in college. He's another weapon that the Titans aren't even using. Lol Want more rushing yards out of Henry then you better make good use of Mariota. Want to tire out and confuse the defense then run this play. Lol.

Put him back in there and let him do it, He won't get sacked at all. Lol

3. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

You should get a job as an OC in the NFL. I mean, it's amazing that none of the guys who get paid millions to design plays have stumbled upon your genius unstoppable play.

Your play might even work, once or twice, before mariota gets broken into 15 pieces and cant feel his extremities for a year.

4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

It’s like an OC script but without drawing the play or using video to practice.

Theoretically, I bet we could all make up some plays in paragraph form.

Not so sure I won’t write the book as the titans win the SB. It will be my 100000000 page masterpiece.

5. Titan4Ever

Titan4Ever Rookie

Tannenhill has played worse than mariota and has been bailed out by the d to win 2 games late. At least with Mariota we actually have the chance to blow a team out. Tanny is trash and a reason he was traded for such a crappy draft pick

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Only a complete idiot would think that Tannehill has played worse than Mariota. I cannot believe people are still talking this nonsense.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 4
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

back to oregon with this trash

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Found someone who broke down the games with Mariota vs Tannehill in terms of pts and yards so far. Although it’s a small sample there is a difference with Tanne under center as oppose to Mariota. Doesn’t necessarily means Tanne is the answer but he’s operating the offense better.

• High Five High Five x 5
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Titan4Ever

Titan4Ever Rookie

Did you not watch him play? He's taking a ton of sacks. He holds on to it too long as well just like ppl were saying Mariota was doing. When it actuality it's because our routes that are designed are terrible. He also is turning it over at a higher rate

10. Titan4Ever

Titan4Ever Rookie

He blew 2 teams out this year. Tanny hasnt even gotten close and has turned the ball over at a higher rate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar