Mariota 2019 (all tings Mariota)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by XO, Sep 15, 2019.

?
  1. Yes; Mariota will turn it around and earn the new contract that’s coming

20.0%
  2. No; Mariota is done here and we need to move on.

80.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Great. Another troll account.

2. Sirclubbs

Sirclubbs Camp Fodder

How am I trolling? Im just bringing to light there are more issues than qb we aren't addressing.... like say our run game, since our offense is predicated on the run.

3. SenorMariota

SenorMariota Rookie

To TitansWrath

Well, I remember back in 2011 sitting there with my ma watching Mariota vs Newton in the big championship game. It was something special because it was the first time the Ducks had been in a game like that in ages. When Auburn kicked the winning FG my ma looked at me and shook her head. Well she passed away just three months later and so I acquired this bond with Mariota. He was like a miracle child bringing one last memorable time to spend with my ma.

And so yeah, I'm a little partial in that respect.

On another note, Miami fans considered Tannehill to be mediocre. I don't know if that's true or not but the last time he played the bucs in week 16 of the 2018 regular season his initial drive was impressive resulting in a touchdown, however it would be the only score the dolphins would make. Tannehill was sacked so often that he hurried a pass which resulted in a pic-six. The bucs were all over him. It was perhaps theee game that got him traded to the Titans.

So this is a chance for him to prove his critics wrong. If he doesn't we may see Mariota back at QB. The bucs did him in before and they might just do it again.

4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

If you want the QB to get credit for “good games” he also has to throw, and good.

The comparison was his production vs ATL vs. THill’s production vs. LAC.

You brought up the lack of passing in the second half vs ATL.
    I simply pointed out that until the last drive of the 4th, the pass vs run for Tennessee was almost even BUT since MM only went 3/7, we couldn’t rely on him passing to seal the deal.
    Fortunately, Henry and the run game did as noted on the 5+ minute drive, almost entirely handoffs, to end the game.

5. Sirclubbs

Sirclubbs Camp Fodder

Actually penalties and getting stuffed on first and second down kind of contributes to the passing difficulties. I mean we couldn't convert a fourth and one run and we are a run first team.

6. SenorMariota

SenorMariota Rookie

With Mariota I have ALWAYS thought he needs a certain type of offensive scheme similar to that of the Chiefs to be successful. It was my understanding that this was what the Titans had up their sleeve when they hired Vrabel, I was mistaken. It's frustrating for Mariota to be compared to strong arm QBs because quite frankly that's not his forte. He's a Mahomes style playmaker.

It's clear to me that this is not the direction the Titans wanted to go. They want a certain type of approach and a strong arm but that's not Mariota. He's not necessarily a straight pocket passer. He is similar to Russell Wilson in his scrambling ability. He needs to be versatile and free to roam. That's when he's at his best.

I commend Mariota for doing as well as he has and lasting as long as he did. Those are the qualities of a true champion.

After having said all this I think the Titans need to trade him. I think it's best for both parties involved.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

a mix between mahomes and Russell Wilson huh...

• LOL LOL x 5
  8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Oh man. And here I thought we had heard it all.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

only 8-10 QBs better than him so I guess this makes sense

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah. Similar to RW in scrambling ability. But with about 10% of the passing ability and football IQ.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar